23. Her own choice

When Y/N wasn't in class, or in the Room of Requirement, she hung out with Poppy, or Natty, or Garreth, or even all three of them. Now, she wasn't exactly sure about hanging out with Garreth, considering what he did to her, but after a few days, the idea of hanging out with Garreth was okay, and she preferred his company over Sebastian or Ominis.

The two Gryffindor students and the Hufflepuff student didn't ask any questions. When they found Y/N crying, they took a while guess as to what - or who - had hurt her. Garreth took the time to be there for Y/N. He wanted to be her friend again, so he focused on helping Y/N get over Sebastian, rather than trying to win Y/N's love and affection.

At 11:45 PM, Y/N sat quietly in the Gryffindor common room. She had put on her dressing gown, and simply sat near the roaring fireplace, enjoying the warmth that it provided her.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" Garreth asked as he walked down the stairs that led to the male sleeping quarters.

"Oh, Garreth. I- I'm alright. I'm simply enjoying the warmth of the fire." Y/N smiled, nodding.

"Well, there's nothing better than a nice hot chocolate when sitting in front of a fire. I'm happy to sneak down to the kitchens to retrieve some sweets and some hot chocolates, if you'd like?" Garreth offered.

"That sounds lovely. Please be careful. We both know how uptight and harsh the Prefects can be at night." Y/N warned him, watching as he chuckled.

"I'll be back soon." He nodded before using the Disillusionment spell.

And with that, Garreth was off on another sneaky adventure. Y/N went back to admiring the fire, the warmth hugging her like a blanket.

"Hey, it's me, Garreth. Do you have a moment?" Garreth Weasley asked as he leaned against the stone wall behind him. Y/N walked toward him, curious.

"Were you calling me, Garreth?" Y/N asked, confused.

"I was. After you helped me with that Fwooper feather in Potions, I reckoned you might be just the person I need." Garreth exhaled.

"You see, I have an idea for a Fizzing Whizzbee-inspired beverage, but I'm missing a key ingredient." Garreth explained, crossing his arms.

"You and your concoctions. I don't know how you come up with these things." Y/N chuckled.

"It's a gift. Truly." He smiled back.

"So, I suspect the key ingredient in Fizzing Whizzbees is dried Billywig stings. I heard there's a store of them in Honeydukes' cellar. I'd get them myself, but my aunt Matilda has her eye on me. Thinks I need to focus on Potions class for a while - not on my own brews." Garreth scoffed.

"I was hoping you could follow a secret passage to Honeydukes' cellar and grab a few dried Billywig stings for me." Garreth suggested.

"Sounds simple enough. And who wouldn't want to go to Honeydukes?" Y/N smiled.

"Ah, brilliant! Thank you. The passage is hidden behind the statue of a one-eyed witch in the third-floor corridor. Just tap it with your wand and say 'Dissendium'." Garreth smiled.

"I'll see what I can do, Garreth." Y/N nodded.

"Fair enough. You shall be the first one to taste my newest brew if you can be of help!" Garreth chuckled.

Y/N felt a tap on her shoulder. She snapped out of her trance and looked up to see Garreth holding two mugs of hot chocolate and a small bag of sweets.

"I have treats!" He smiled, sitting down next to Y/N.