34. Collecting evidence

Headmaster Black was very interested in collecting all the evidence to prove Sebastian's claim. Sure, at first he believed that Sebastian was just lying in order to get Garreth in trouble, but when he questioned Professor Sharp and discovered that his stash of Pearl Dust had been emptied, the idea of Garreth brewing the Amortentia potion was quickly becoming a reality.

So, he decided to talk to the witnesses Sebastian handed to him. The first witness was Poppy Sweeting. Confusing everyone, Headmaster Black interrupted the Beasts class, requesting to speak with Poppy. They stood far enough away not to be heard by anyone.

"Ms. Sweeting. Sebastian has informed me of certain behaviours being exhibited by Mr. Weasley - relating to the Amortentia potion." Headmaster Black spoke.

"Yes, Headmaster Black. When Sebastian confronted Garreth after he found out that Y/N was under the effects, I checked Garreth's robes and found a vial of Amortentia." Poppy nodded.

"Oh, Merlin." Poppy pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head in disappointment when she pulled out a vial from his robe pocket.

She lifted the vial up to show Sebastian. A baby-blue liquid with Pearl Dust shimmering inside of the vial.

"Thank you, Ms. Sweeting." Headmaster Black dismissed the Hufflepuff student, watching as she headed back to class.

———

Headmaster Black then walked off to the Apparition class, spotting Sebastian talking with Madam Kogawa. Unfortunately, Y/N wasn't around - most likely somewhere else in the school after apparating and disapparating. He pulled the brunette Slytherin boy away from the class.

"Mr. Sallow, how did you come to identify that Ms. Y/L/N was under the effects of Amortentia?" Headmaster Black questioned.

"I- I, uh found her and Garreth kissing. When I pulled her away, I noticed that her eyes were a baby-blue colour, with the shimmer of the Pearl Dust slightly visible." Sebastian explained.

"Get your filthy hands off my girlfriend, you dick!" I yelled, watching as Poppy held Garreth back before I wrapped my arms around Y/N. I looked down at her, confused. What would make Y/N want to kiss Garreth?

I studied her for a minute. She was smiling, her hands lowering. I felt her fingers graze down my torso before she reached my pants. My eyes widened, realising what might've been causing her to act this way. I looked deep into her eyes and I gasped, shocked. Her eyes weren't normal. Her eyes were a baby-blue colour, with the shimmer of the Pearl Dust slightly visible.

Amortentia.

"Thank you for the information, Mr. Sallow." Headmaster Black nodded.

———

He walked throughout the castle, intending to find Ominis. He eventually found Ominis wandering the halls with his books in his hand, clearly heading to one of his classes.

"Mr. Gaunt, a moment?" Headmaster Black asked.

"Headmaster Black. What can I do for you?" Ominis questioned.

"What led you to the conclusion that Mr. Weasley had brewed the Amortentia potion?" Headmaster Black asked, curious.

"I technically didn't think that he had brewed it. I had heard an explosion outside, near Madam Kogawa's office. Amortentia happens to be somewhat explosive." Ominis exhaled.

"What in Merlin's name is happening right now?!" Ominis yelled, confused.

"Ominis? What are you doing here?" Poppy asked, confused.

"I heard an explosion, and knew that either Garreth or Sebastian had caused it. I followed the sound. Also, I'm pretty sure that Madam Kogawa definitely heard what I did, so I suggest that we all leave before she comes out of her office." Ominis sighed.

"Thank you, Mr. Gaunt." Headmaster Black exhaled, dismissing the blond Slytherin boy.

———

He only had one more person to talk to, and that was Y/N. At the end of the day, Headmaster Black walked through the castle, catching Y/N as she headed back to her common room.

"Ms. Y/L/N, a word please." Headmaster Black requested. Y/N nodded, standing with Headmaster Black far away from the Gryffindor common room, as to prevent Garreth from accidentally hearing their conversation.

"I have been informed that you were put under the effects of the Amortentia potion by Mr. Weasley. Have I been informed correctly?" Headmaster Black questioned.

"Yes, you have." Y/N nodded.

"Garreth wanted to meet me - to apologise. What I didn't expect was for him to put a few drops of Amortentia into my butterbeer." Y/N admitted.

As Y/N sipped the drink, she instantly thought about Sebastian, and her date here, which made her smile.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, Garreth, I have to go and make sure that Sebastian is-" Y/N stopped. She blinked a few times, feeling different. Her heart was beating faster at the thought of Sebastian, his image popping into her head. As she blinked, her gaze fell to the man in front of her. She was no longer looking at the red-headed Gryffindor who had asked to apologise. Instead, she was looking at the brunette and freckled Slytherin boy who she had fallen in love with.

He moved closer to Y/N, his hand holding hers. She smiled, blushing at the contact. He lifted her chin up with his index finger. Y/N looked into his eyes, feeling love and butterflies. Without a second thought, he pulled her in for a kiss, a kiss she was happy to return.

"Thank you for your time, Ms. Y/L/N." Headmaster Black nodded, allowing Y/N to walk away to her common room.