29. Working together

Y/N
Apparition class occurred 2 times a week. Madam Kogawa had two separate classes to teach - Class A, and Class B. You were in Class A, while Garreth was in Class B. The class was interesting, but Sebastian being in the same class made the class less enjoyable.

"Can anyone tell me why apparating requires a licence and can only be performed by people over the age of 17?" Madam Kogawa asked, her hands clasped together as she looked at her first class of 14 students. When you raised your hand, Madam Kogawa smiled, allowing you to explain.

"Apparition can be extremely dangerous if not performed properly. Insufficient or lack of concentration can lead to body parts being left behind. This unfortunate side-effect is known as Splinching." You explained, seeing some of the other student's faces drop.

"Correct. 10 points to Gryffindor." Madam Kogawa smiled.

"We have had 4 classes together so far. In those classes, you've learned how to properly concentrate, and last lesson, I had you apparating from one end of the field to the other. Some of you did well, others did not. I do understand that apparating is quite an...uncomfortable and unpleasant experience, hence why it is not the only form of transportation. You have flying on brooms, Floo Network, etc. While it isn't the easiest form of transportation, it is the fastest, and it is considered a great help, especially for Aurors who work for the Ministry of Magic." Madam Kogawa explained.

"Today will be an interesting one, as you will be learning to apparate with someone." Madam Kogawa chuckled when many students gasped in shock.

"Yes. You heard me right. You will all be paired up, and in your pairs, you will learn how to apparate and disapparate with another person. This skill is essential for getting out of sticky situations, like being attacked. Each pair will be given two locations within the castle. In your pairs, you are to take turns in apparating yourself and your partner to the chosen locations." Madam Kogawa explained.

"Isn't there an enchantment protecting Hogwarts from apparition and disapparition?" Natty asked, confused.

"Yes, usually there is. But, Headmaster Black has allowed the enchantment to be temporarily removed. The enchantment will remain inactive for both classes every week until the 12-week period is up. Once both classes are over for the day, the enchantment will go back to being active." Madam Kogawa explained.

"Now. I will call upon 2 students at a time. When you hear your name, come up to me and I will give you your chosen locations. Once you have landed at your second location, feel free to either apparate as a pair, or by yourselves." Madam Kogawa cleared her throat and looked down at the list of names she had for the class.

"Natsai Onai and Everett Clopton." Madam Kogawa announced the first two names.

Soon enough, half the class was sorted out. You waited patiently for your name to be called, and eventually, it was.

"Y/N Y/L/N and Sebastian Sallow." Madam Kogawa announced. Your heart dropped. You quickly stood up and walked up to Madam Kogawa, the piece of paper being placed in your hand as you and Sebastian looked at the locations.

The last thing you expected was to work with Sebastian, but you had to. In order for the apparition to work, you needed to communicate with him, so you ignored your threat that you made toward him last year.

"We're expected to apparate to...the Quad Courtyard and the Greenhouses. Lovely." You exhaled, trying to remain calm.

"Look, I understand that you hate me, and you'd rather be anywhere else right now, but in order for either of us not to lose a limb, we need to be able to work together." Sebastian looked at you.