18. Learning to fly

Y/N
From the moment you and Sebastian reached your common room, Natty took over taking care of you. Sebastian placed a sweet kiss on your lips before letting Natty take you up to your sleeping quarters. You slept for hours. When you woke up, you felt well rested and refreshed.

You walked through the halls, eventually making it to the corridors the separated the Great Hall from the Viaduct Courtyard. You smiled, looking at the large hourglasses with the coloured sand inside them.

You turned to your left, pushing the large doors open so that you could walk toward the entrance to the Great Hall. You stopped halfway, something about this path seeming familiar.

You and an older man - Professor Fig - stood in front of two large brown doors that lead to the Great Hall.

"Oh good. We haven't missed the Sorting Ceremony." He smiled as he walked toward you after shutting the doors quietly.

"I'm no expert, but-" He started, waving his wand toward you.

"-that seems more appropriate." He finished, putting his wand away. You were now wearing a plain black uniform.

"Now, I need to study this locket as soon as I can. But first, I must contact the Ministry." He insisted.

"They need to know what happened to George - and be warned of Ranrok. For the moment, I ask that you keep all that's happened this evening, between you and me." He emphasised.

"Of course, sir." You nodded, understanding.

"Thank you. Ready for the Sorting Ceremony?" He smiled, pushing the large doors open.

Blinking a few times, you exhaled, unsure as to where that memory came from.

"You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." A brunette Slytherin girl walked up to you.

"M- Me? Oh, I'm okay." You nodded, smiling.

"Whatever you say. I'm Imelda Reyes, Hogwarts' best Quidditch player. I have wicked skills when it comes to flying on a broomstick. But you, you seemed to beat me." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Excuse me? I think you might have me confused with someone else." You shook your head.

"I definitely don't. You completed 3 flight tests. Each and every time, you beat my time." She smiled.

"Okay?" You exhaled.

"How about you and I head out to the Quidditch pitch this afternoon? That way I can teach you how to use your broomstick, and we can see if your flight tests last time were a complete fluke!" Imelda suggested.

"Sure...I guess?" You knew that if you didn't agree, she'd continue to ask.

"Perfect. You might want to go find your broomstick." She smiled before walking off.

———

After finding your broomstick in your sleeping quarters, you met Imelda at the Quidditch pitch once your classes were over for the day.

"You ready to fly?" Imelda smirked.

"I guess so." You nodded, exhaling. For the next five minutes, Imelda taught you how to fly on your Ember Dash broom.

The moment you lifted off the ground, a smile appeared on your face, giving you a new sense of freedom. You could go anywhere without needing to walk, or travel by Floo Flame. It'd also give you a chance to admire the landscapes within the nearby regions of Hogwarts.

Imelda had set up a course for you.

"Let's see just how talented you are." She scoffed.

You lifted yourself higher, waiting for her whistle to sound. The moment she blew her whistle, you leaned forward and immediately started the course. When you landed back at the Quidditch pitch after quite a ride, you looked at Imelda, who gasped.

"You beat me again, well done. You're ready to fly off on your own now." Imelda smiled before walking off.

You lifted off on your broomstick and started roaming around the nearby regions. You passed many small villages, people walking down paths and shopkeepers. You continued flying, eventually making it to a nearby region that you recognised as Feldcroft.

You lowered yourself and carefully flew around, eventually stopping and landing nearby what looked to be a catacomb.

"Sebastian. That relic you mentioned?" You looked at Sebastian, who exhaled.

"I believe one of Slytherin's students stumbled upon the relic during an assignment to study sarcophagi in this catacomb. From what I read in a report by the student, they weren't permitted to take it with them...so I must assume that it's still here." He explained.

"As I mentioned earlier, this relic grants its holder the power to reverse dark magic curses. If it's in this catacomb, I have to find it. For Anne." He sighed.

"I need to see her." He looked at you.

"I'm ready to explore the catacomb. Perhaps we can visit Anne when we've finished." You smiled, nodding.

"Perfect." He smiled.

"By the way, Ominis has been asking about you. You didn't tell him what we were doing, did you?" Sebastian asked, concerned.

"I didn't. I promise." You shook your head.

"Good. Ominis would be livid if he knew what we were about to do." Sebastian exhaled.