4. Worst - yet brilliant - idea

Sebastian walked off, needing to clear his head. He walked out of the castle grounds and made his way through the surrounding field areas. He had no idea where he was going or when he'd return to Hogwarts. He considered not returning to Hogwarts, since the only reason why he found Hogwarts enjoyable no longer remembered him.

That's when the worst - yet brilliant - idea popped into his head. It was the worst idea, because everyone knows that lying is bad. But it was a brilliant idea, considering he had a second chance.

At the beginning of their 5th year, Sebastian and Y/N met in their first Defence Against the Dark Arts class of the year. Sebastian was very impressed with Y/N's ability to duel. That's when their dangerous - yet fun - friendship begun. Over time, Sebastian trusted Y/N with his family life and Y/N trusted Sebastian with the secrets regarding her ancient magic. Almost every interaction they had during their 5th year either focused on finding a way to cure Anne, or figuring out how to defeat Rookwood and Ranrok.

Halfway through the year, Sebastian's feelings toward Y/N changed. Instead of seeing her as a good friend, he saw her as a potential lover. Every time he was around her, all he wanted to do was kiss her, make her feel good, y'know, everything that a boyfriend would do. During dangerous situations, he'd think more about being with Y/N than actually surviving. He had actually once been okay with dying, if it meant that the last thing he saw was Y/N's beautiful face. Their adventures together were very much less-than-legal, but he didn't care. They had broken many laws during their 5th year, and Sebastian often wondered what it would have been like for him and Y/N to have a normal friendship. Instead of spending their free time exploring caves and battling all sorts of infamous enemies, they might've spent their free time visiting Hogsmeade or even visiting Anne in Feldcroft.

With Y/N's memory gone and a 50 percent chance that it wouldn't come back, Sebastian decided to create a clean slate. He wasn't going to create a big lie. His lie would be small. It would be small enough to contain and control. The last thing he wanted was for his lie to become hard to keep up with. He didn't want Y/N to see him as a mischievous trouble-making Slytherin (although that's exactly who he was). He wanted her to see him as a caring and kind friend, a friend she could share a butterbeer with.

Sebastian didn't bother letting Ominis or Natty know where he was going. If he wanted his idea to work, he couldn't have them interfering with his lie. He searched around for Y/N, eventually finding her back in the Great Hall. She sat at one of the tables, an uneaten apple in front of her. He walked over and sat down opposite her, watching as she jumped slightly.

"I'm sorry for startling you." He smiled.

"It's okay. I've been a bit jumpy for a while now." She nodded.

"I wanted to apologise for my behaviour earlier. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I'm Sebastian. Sebastian Sallow." He held out his hand, a smile appearing on his face when he watched Y/N shake his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Sebastian." She smiled.

"Natty told me that your memory is a bit hazy at the moment." Sebastian exhaled.

"Yeah. I can't seem to remember much." She shook her head.

"I couldn't possible imagine losing my memory." Sebastian's eyes widened.

"How exactly do we know each other?" Y/N asked. She seemed genuinely curious.

5th year Sebastian would have immediately told her about all of their adventures together, but he wanted to change Y/N's impression of him. He didn't want Y/N knowing about their mischievous past.

"We're really close friends." He smiled. That was only partly true. They had started dating halfway through their 5th year.

"Well, Sebastian, you seem like a very cool friend." Y/N smiled.

"Thank you, Y/N. Don't worry. You're a very cool friend as well." Sebastian chuckled.

You're a very cool friend, but you were an even better girlfriend. Sebastian thought as Y/N put the uneaten apple up to her mouth and took a bite. He couldn't help but smile at the way Y/N ate the apple. She took bites out of it like it was the first thing she had ever eaten.