14. Memory flashes

After being beaten by Garreth, Sebastian was exempt from classes for the day. He was instructed to stay in the hospital wing, but he didn't. Instead, he and Y/N sat outside, enjoying the beautiful sun that had graced the grounds of Hogwarts. Y/N had given Sebastian some Wiggenweld potion, which got rid of the pain he was feeling, but it didn't get rid of the physical scars and bruises that he copped from Garreth.

"I expected Garreth to get mad, but to physically fight me...in front of a professor? I didn't expect that." Sebastian shook his head as he exhaled, closing his eyes.

"How would you feel about exploring?" Y/N asked, curious.

"You do realise who you're talking to, right? I'm always down for exploring." Sebastian chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Y/N's waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Well, I found this in my trunk as I was searching for some Wiggenweld potion." She pulled out a large old book that looked unfamiliar to Sebastian.

"What is it?" Sebastian asked, confused.

"It's a Field Guide." She explained, opening the book. Inside the cover showed the "title" of the book.

"This Field Guide belongs to Y/N Y/L/N, as a loan from The Ministry of Magic. The Wizard's Field Guide is granted to Y/N, by the staff of Hogwarts, with the intention that this book will allow Y/N to catch up to the other students." She read as her eyes glanced down the first page.

"Here's a list of the content that the Field Guide provides." Sebastian smiled, pointing to the list.

"Challenges. For example, combat challenges, field guide page challenges and exploration challenges." Y/N started.

"Collections. For example, beasts, conjurations, and ingredients." Sebastian gasped.

"Gear. Gear can be upgraded by using the Enchanted Loom." Y/N was confused.

"Hold up, magical materials can be used with the Loom to add and upgrade gear?! You can rescue beasts and unlock trait recipes?!" Sebastian's jaw dropped. If his girlfriend wasn't already amazing with her ancient magic abilities, she sure was now.

"Inventory. For example, beasts, notes, and resources." Y/N read.

"Here's the important part. The map." Sebastian smiled.

"Holy Merlin! This map shows everywhere in the Hogwarts region, from the North Ford Bog to Cragcroftshire! No wonder you weren't around school much last year!" Sebastian chuckled.

"Well, if we want to explore, this map is perfect." Y/N smiled.

"Okay. Close your eyes, Y/N. When I say 3, you point to any random point on the map and we'll go exploring." Sebastian suggested.

Y/N closed her eyes.

"1...2...3." Sebastian counted. Like he said, Y/N pushed her finger onto the map.

"Huh. Looks like we're exploring Clagmar Coast today." Sebastian smiled.

"This map is going to be real handy." Y/N exhaled.

"So. Are we going to fly?" Sebastian asked.

"I don't think so. I don't exactly know how to fly, and I'm sure a broom won't be able to hold more than one person." Y/N shook her head.

"Yes, you're right. Wait, it looks like each place on the map has multiple Floo Flame locations. Perfect!" Sebastian cheered.

"Alright. You ready?" Y/N asked, Sebastian nodding.

"Clagmar Coast!" Sebastian called out as he and Y/N closed their eyes, holding the book.

One moment, they stood in the grassy area outside the school, and the next moment they landed somewhere in South Clagmar Coast. They both adjusted to their surroundings, brushing themselves off.