Chapter 1 - the trip

"Go visit him! "

"NO , don't you realize he'll think I don't trust him? I can't do it . I'll just wait another 6 months. "

My younger brother, tommy, just rolled his eyes and said. "Its your funeral."

I whirled around to glare at him casually leaning across the doorway. "Excuse me?!?"

He shrugged. "I'm just saying if you die of depression its not my fault. Go surprise him! Bring chocolates or whatever corny junk girlfriends give their boyfriends in Paris. "

I narrowed my eyebrows. My brother really hated Robin( my boyfriend) so his sudden suggestion for me to go visit him really surprised me. He usually didn't mess with my personal life. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

His face morphed into one of fake hurt. "You've wounded me. Can't a brother, An innocent young brother, show a hint of concern for his older sister who refuses to socialize and change out of pajamas until Mr. Right comes home? "

"no" I automatically answered.

"Fine, mom said if you leave I get to have your room. "

That made me burst out laughing.

"Okay, okay" I said after he gave me a sharp glare. My little brother was so adorable!

Okay, he was only 2 years younger than me. And I'm 22. But, he's my baby brother nonetheless. You might be wondering why I'm still living with my parents at this age.

Well I'll tell you. I just graduated from college last summer. Im currently processing the papers that will say I own the new house I bought last week.

I met Robin three months before summer in an extra course biology class. And no, he wasn't my classmate.

Yup, he was my teacher.

My professor suddenly stopped teaching due to the fatal heart attack that he received from too much alcohol and smoking. Robin took the job being a newly graduated medical student.

It got extremely awkward when we started dating to say the least. I never understood those student-teacher relationships. Until..... I experienced it myself .

My face broke out into a smile as I reminesced the days when we started dating. To be honest I actually hoped to receive a proposal soon.

I was sure of myself. My life was at its highest point. I was confident , calm and in control.

I was in love.

"I'll go" I told him.

A big grin broke out onto his face

as he dashed off to find my suitcase.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm . I looked around my room. My flat screen TV, queen sized bed, my desk with my laptop and office chair, and my favorite, my white window seat over looking the ocean.

Oh yeah,? Maybe I forgot to mention. My name is Hazel Armada. I live in california. My family consists of me, mom, dad, tommy, and billions and billions of relatives whose names I don't remember.

Oh, and my family was wealthy. Not billionaire wealthy. We didn't own like half of the world or anything, but my family inherited all the fortune my grandfather left for us, (which wasn't much. ) and my dad used it to start a company. This company is currently escalating and were becoming one of the richest families in north America.

Dad's hoping to make his first billion next week and if that happens, well, I guess then we will be billionares. The adjustment of lifestyle was nothing extreme for me. My mom always said that I was born to be rich.

I honestly hope she's right and that the reason why people always stare at me is because my clothes are expensive.....not because my fashion sense is out of date. But I guess I couldn't blame them if they stared. I was a nerd to say the least.

Tommy came back into my room with my bright red suitcase. He made a big show of blowing off the layer of dust that it had accumulated since the last time I traveled. I've been out of the country several times, but only for short periods of time.

He helped me pack my things and then I went downstairs to tell mom of my unexpected trip. She nodded like she's known this would happen all along. I thought about telling dad, but I didn't want to disturb him. He was in Thailand for a business meeting and I felt that if I called him I would interrupt something important.

I did however , call my two best friends in the world , Harley Anderson and Celeste Burlingham. Celeste complimented me on my romantic gesture and Harley told me to use protection. I blushed tomato red but laughed it off with them.

I jumped into the shower and freshened up before changing into my travel outfit which consisted of my faded jeans, flat sandals, my white t-shirt along with my leather jacket and a white fluffy scarf to top off the look. Needless to say I hated heels. And the feeling was mutual.

Before leaving I asked my brother why he wanted my room so bad. I knew the answer already but I asked him just to tease him. He laughed uneasily then turned away but I had already seen the blush creep up on to his cheeks. He wanted my room because mom and dad wouldn't let him have a TV of his own.

He begged them for weeks but they didn't snap. Finally he'd given up . I chuckled at the memory. I didn't understand why he couldn't just wait another week or two. I'd have my own house by then. But I guess patience isn't in his vocabulary.

I walked out of my house but not before saying goodbye to my mom. I wanted to take my Mercedes so bad but since I was going to the airport I would have to let my driver Benjamin drive me there. Sighing, I blew a kiss to my car . Then I got inside the car.

After purchasing my tickets for the 3:00 o'clock flight I found myself wandering around looking for a restaurant or at least a cafe to satisfy my grumbling stomach . Finally I found a doughnut shop.(it kinda had a café sort of style to it) I bought an overly priced cup of coffee and a jelly doughnut.

After paying I took a seat and took out my cellphone . I scrolled through my contacts and my thumb froze on robin's name . I was thinking about calling him.

Should I? Will he want me to come? What if he says he's busy? What if he has a mistress?

Okay now I was losing it. I wasn't even his wife! I'm going crazy. I should just call him. Or shouldn't I ?

Great job Hazel . Now you're arguing with yourself inside your head.

I was just about to press the call button when I heard the announcer say that the boarding will take place in 20 minutes. I hurriedly finished my doughnut and coffee before dashing out of the café to look for my plane.