Chapter 27 - where did you get that idea?

Hazel's POV

I wanted to blow the whole thing. I wanted to smirk and then laugh my ass off. I wanted to tell Robin that I knew about his 'little stunt'. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. The plan wasn't over yet.

"Money?" I asked. Sounding bewildered and innocent.

His eyes were wide and coated with fear and panic. It truly was a hilarious site to see.

I knew this next part would be hard. It'd take every ounce of my self control. I took a deep breath...

Robin's POV

"Money?"

Beads of sweat starting popping on my forehead.

How could I have been so stupid? I should've just kept my mouth shut.

"Hazel I..."

Her eyes went wide with realization. Her reaction wasn't exactly expected.

"Oh my God... I get it now."

I frowned. What was she talking about?

Keep talking. I thought to myself. Just until I have enough time to formulate a brilliant excuse errr plan.

She looked directly at me. Her eyes were coated with disbelief, sadness, hurt, betrayal, and realization. The last one left me confused and tongue tied.

"I understand Robin. You don't need to hide anymore."

My hands felt clammy. Did she figure it out?

"You're hair is always perfectly combed, you wear you're belt a notch too tight. You have a habit of flicking your hair to the side when you're annoyed.... Oh my God..."

Let's just say I wasn't the brightest person ever so I just stared at her like an idiot.

"Robin.. You're gay."

It took me a few seconds to process that and when it finally sunk in well....

I did not take that well. My manhood was a very touchy subject for me. I started seeing red and suddenly I didn't care that I was yelling at a girl.

"GAY! GAY? I'M TOO STRAIGHT TO BE GAY! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA??? Y'KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING SO KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT"

For a fraction of a second, it almost deemed as if Hazel looked amused, pleased even. But it happened so quickly it must've been my imagination.

"Robin I am trying to help you ! It's not easy for me either , finding out the man you love is gay! Gay for crying out loud! But I'm here for you. I'm trying. I really am. I want to be there for you Robin."

I made a sickening strangling sound while keeping my self control in check to make sure I didn't accidentally smack Hazel.

"YOU! YOU-- "

"I know it must be hard for you and you're probably still in denial but I want to be there with you when you finally accept who you really are."

This is too much .

"I need some fresh air. " Then I ran out the back door before I did something that I'd regret.

Hazel ran after me and I could've sworn I heard another pair of footsteps race after her. But I was so angry my ears were probably playing tricks on me.

Michael Jackson could've popped up in front of me and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

I ran my fingers through my hair angrily and growled.

Wait a minute, growled?

Last I checked I don't growl.

I turned around slowly. Standing right behind me was a huge- scratch that ENORMOUS doberman looking at me like I was his next meal.

When did Hazel get a dog?

Unfortunately I didn't have time to think because the "dog" decided it was hungry.

It snapped at me.

"Good dog... Good sharp-toothed angry vicious man-eating dog."

Apparently my vocabulary skills failed to impress him.

The next thing I knew I was running around Hazel's backyard thinking "every man for himself!"

I was never really a fast runner so the moment I saw the pool I didn't think. I just jumped in.

SPLASH!

Of course I forgot dogs knew how to swim.

The dog was actually a better swimmer than me. Go figure.

I heard him snap at me from behind and I felt his sharp teeth sink into the fabric of my jeans.

Shit.

"Robin!" I saw Hazel running towards me with an officer.

The officer whistled twice and the dog jumped out of the water to go stand next to his master.

"Sorry about that Mr. We were in the neighborhood and Killer here managed to get away. "

So the dog's name is killer. It suits him.

The officer helped me get out of the pool and I felt la breeze. Hazel stifled a giggle.

Because right where my jeans should've been covering my ass, was a big open hole coated in pool water and dog saliva and I was giving everyone a pretty good view of my superman boxers.

And if you're wondering, it was the mos embarrassing moment of my life.

Author's note: yeah its a short chapter, sorry about that. But what do you think? Let me know, I love reading your thoughts and comments. :)

This chapter is dedicated to @krJohnson7 for being an amazing reader & supporter. I got the idea of Robin supposedly being gay from her comment on a previous chapter. Thank you :)

Vote, comment, follow, and share.

Xoxo,
Avery