chapter 13 - just friends?

I arrived home exhausted. I was so tired I felt like I could sleep for 24 hours straight. It was already 3pm. I sat down on my bed and yawned. I could feel the jet lag kicking in. I kicked off my heels and decided to lie down. I still had time ... I'll just take a short nap. I thought to myself as I felt my eyelids start to close.
*
*
*
*
*
Knock knock.

"Go away..." I mumbled softly.

"Hello? Hazel? Are you still alive? "

My eyes shot open. Who's that?

"I can come back later if you want.."

Oh my God. Danny. I sat up so fast I started to feel nauseous. I grabbed my phone but then realized it was still off so I settled for the alarm clock next to my bed. "Holy macaroni and cheese!" Its 6:30!!!

"I'll be right out!"

Oof!

I fell off the bed. My legs were tangled in the stupid sheets.

"Hazel , you're not hiding any dead bodies in there are you?" He said trying to sound serious but I could hear him trying to contain his laughter.

"What? No! Just give me a sec I'll be right out!"

"Yeah I'm sure you will. I'm just gonna make myself comfortable while you go freshen up."

"What?"

"I bet a million bucks you were sleeping"

"Wrong" I deadpanned. I wanted to hear his reaction.

"Now I'll bet two million that you're lying." He said cheerfully.

"Freaking genius " I grumbled under my breath.

"I heard that"

"What, did you get super hearing in the past three months?"

I heard him laugh at the other side of the door. How did he get into my house anyway? I shook my head in disbelief. I have such weird friends. Friends? Were Danny and I just friends? Or could we be something more? I dismissed that thought immediately. I was seeing someone. Besides, Danny was my best friend. Just my best friend.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

"Took you long enough" Danny stated. He was casually sitting on my couch with his feet propped up on my coffee table.

"Feet off the merchandise". I told him icily.

"Nah, I'm comfortable here. So you ready? "

"No I'm not ready. I came out here because I wanted to tell you that I'm most definitely not ready. " I replied coating my words with heavy sarcasm.

"Okay cool, I was watching a game anyways. " he stated nonchalantly.

I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration. Was this his way of saying that the thirty minutes I spent in the bathroom freshening up was for nothing?

I glared at Danny. Maybe he'll wilt under my cold gaze. I saw Danny look at me with an amused expression on his face.

I continued to glare. He stared into my eyes and I accepted the challenge. I was not going to blink. But of course, my stomach had to betray me by grumbling rather loudly.

Danny starting cracking up. His face was turning red. "Hahahahahaha!!! You.... expression.... " he started breathing heavily.

Oh God. This was so embarrassing.

"Yeah. Very funny." I said. My words free of emotion.

"Come on, seems like someone's hungry. " Danny said while standing up.

He sent me another one of his goofy grins before heading out the door. Not wanting to be embarrassed again, I had no choice but to follow him.

Authors Note: ta-da! Chapter 13 is up! I have a question for you guys , team Malcolm or team Danny? Let me know!

I plan to update on Friday, but if you want the new chapter sooner, VOTE! If this chapter reaches 15 votes before Friday, I will update before that :D

Don't forget to vote, comment , follow and share this story!

Xoxo,
Avery