chapter 26- good luck gone bad

Robin's POV

*FLASHBACK*

Five months ago.

"YEAH BABY! It's party time!"

A random stranger shouted as he dove into the crowd of dancers, becoming another head who was bobbing along to the music.

No one special, yet he caught my attention.

I took another sip of the drink I had in my hand. I wasn't quite sure what it was. Some guy from work bought it for me. The alcohol burned my throat but it felt good.

I felt brave.

A lady from the bar slipped me her phone number written down on a piece of paper that looked suspiciously like the corner of a testpaper.

I managed a glance at the woman who slipped me the paper only to realize she wasn't a woman after all. She looked about 19. Still a kid. I wonder how she got into this club.

On the bright side, I wonder how I even found a club in the first place.

I've been here in Paris for several months already and navigating this city hasn't gotten any easier like I hoped it would.

The 19 year old scooted closer to me in a very flirtatious manner.

"Hey" she whispered.

She was obviously drunk. Her breath smelled like alcohol and she could barely stand.

"Hi." I said in return.

"I'm Alana."

"Robin"

I told her. It was in that moment that I actually noticed what she was wearing. It was obvious this girl had money.

The dress she was wearing still had a price tag on it and she was wearing a diamond necklace that screamed EXPENSIVE at the top of it's lungs.

I couldn't tell if it was real or not. Frankly I didn't care. Money wasn't a problem. Not for me. I was a doctor living in Paris. All my expenses were paid by the organization that sent me here.

That's what happens when you're the best at what you do. Which I am.

Time to have a little fun

I thought to myself while looking at the girl in front of me.

I whispered a little proposition to this girl to which she agreed.

While leading her upstairs to a spare room, my girlfriend did cross my mind once or twice.

She wasn't that bad. She was actually very pretty if she didn't wear all those ridiculous clothes all the time.

I didn't feel guilty. After all, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

As soon as the door shut, me and ms. testpaper lady started kissing. Things got heated up pretty quick and before I knew it all our clothes were on a pile on the floor and we were on the bed doing what I do best.

Her diamond necklace was missing, either she took it off or it was scattered somewhere in the room. Not that I cared much.

At around 1:00am , when she had fallen asleep I gathered all my things and left the room to see if I could have anymore fun around here.

*
*
*
*
*

As fate would have it, this club had an amazing casino where people could win, or lose, thousands of dollars in the blink of an eye.