chapter 22- beware of Celeste-zilla

Hazel's POV

The next day I was feeling better even though I was still depressed about the whole going to Hong Kong ordeal. I haven't told Malcolm yet. Or Harley. Or Celeste. Or Sophia. Even Danny didn't know.

Danny.... I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss we almost shared.. AGAIN

I sighed and leaned back onto my chair. Today was Tuesday and the girls wanted to have a girls night out claiming that we need some 'bonding time.' As if we didn't get enough bonding time already.

To be honest I was super excited because Celeste and Harley were moving to New York.

"Hazel?" My co worker poked his head into my office. I immediately sat up straight.

"Yeah?"

"Boss wants you in his office."

I nodded and fixed my skirt before heading out of my office.

I knocked twice on the door before entering.

Mr. Tylers, my boss, was a good friend of my dad's. He was in his late 50's. So I'll imagine he'll be retiring soon.

The moment I stepped into his office he sent me a warm smile and gestured for me to take a seat in the chair across from him. I did.

"There's no easy way to say this Hazel...but , after the business deal in Hong Kong I'm going to need you to stop at London. "

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Is that supposed to be bad news?"

I wouldn't mind a day or two in London. I could go shopping.

"Well... Its a very important conference that may take..."

I leaned forward

"It may take?" I was getting nervous at this point.

"3-4 weeks."

Even though I tried so hard not to, I fell out of my chair. I landed flat on my butt in front of my boss but I didn't care. All I could think was

Three to four weeks? No!

I picked myself up and sat back down.

"Sir, there has to be someone else. Thats more than a month!"

He sent me an expression that said he's thought long and hard about this in advance.

"I know it must be difficult for you to spend a long time away from New York but you have to understand, you are the best negotiator we have."

That comment should've made me feel all warm and fuzzy but instead all I could think was that if only I wasn't so good at what I do, I wouldn't have to go to Hongkong or London or wherever the hell these people will send me.

"Sir please.... I can't go."

"Ms. Armada, you're going and that's final."

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I sat in my office chair staring out at the city before me. Malcolm and I were texting.

Apparently I seemed depressed because I kept sending replies like 'yeah' and 'okay'. Somehow he noticed it immediately.