Chapter 39- uninvited

Hazel's POV

I was on my feet I an instant, madly dashing towards my phone.
I pressed Harley's number and let it ring.

Danny's eyes widened with shock as Alana, Mr Wright, and two burly guards came inside my house uninvited.

"RUN!" I demanded.

In less than a second he was on his feet following me up the stairs.

I went inside my room and shut the door. I pushed my very heavy cabinet to the side revealing a small door half my size. I could fit if I crawled.

"What the hell is that? Are you some kind of spy?"

Even though we were in a life-and-death situation I couldn't help but pause at look at him in bewilderment.

"Okay that sounded crappy even to me." He admitted.

I squeezed into the door and he followed. I realized no one would be able to push the cabinet back but at the moment that was the least of my worries.

The small door led to a concealed room, in the basement of this house. It was damp, cold, and electricity-less but it was safe.

When I first had this house built I instructed the architects to include a secret passageway leading to a hideout. I've heard of stories of kidnappings and robberies and I really didn't want that to happen to me. Especially since my dad was as successful a he was.

Served me well today.

I rubbed my hands together in hopes to provide some warmth but it only lasted for a second. The cold overtook me once again.

I found a dry spot on the floor and sat down whilst hugging my knees.

Danny scratched his head awkwardly.

"Before, I was asking you to tell me what happened. Now, I'm telling you, or maybe demanding that you give me an explanation."

I knew he was right. He got dragged into this mess and because of me and now he was stuck in a cold dark basement with a girl he probably hated.

"Well it's kind of a long story."

He sat down next to me.

"I don't think were going anywhere anytime soon."

I didn't want to be like one of those cliché girls in stories and books. The kind that refused to give away her secrets. The kind that always stayed locked up.

So I told Danny everything.

****

When I was finished he stared at me intently , processing all the information I had just given him.

I felt raw, exposed, and vulnerable.

I had just told Danny everything.

Everything.

"I wouldn't have expected Malcolm to do that." He said softly.

I nodded.

"He's a good guy."

I felt Danny stiffen beside me. Was I something I said? I shook that thought away. It was probably just because of the cold.

"What are you going to do next?"

He asked me curiously, referring to the whole Robin scheme.

"Well first I'm going to get out of this basement." I stated dryly.

It earned me a chuckle.

I took my phone out of my pocket and wiped the screen with the sleeve of my jacket.

My eyes widened at the words written on the LCD.

Ongoing call 42 minutes and 7 seconds.

Shit! I forgot about Harley! I must've accidentally pressed the mute button.

I looked over at Danny and he gave me a shrug but I could see one of his goofy grins beginning to form.

I pressed the speaker.

"Hello?"

"HAZEL ARMADA EXPLAIN WHY YOU CALLED ME AND THEN DECIDED THAT I NEEDED THE SILENT TREATMENT?

"I called you because Alana and her father are in my house."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST CALL THE POLICE?"

"Well if I did they'd probably get arrested and they're still part of my plan."

"You are an idiot. You know that right?"

"Unfortunately I do."

"Oh and by the way I heard your entire conversation with Danny."

I could almost see her smirking.

"Oh did you now?"

"At first I thought you guys were having wild sex and you accidentally called me but then I heard you two chatting so I realized that was not the case."

I almost dropped my phone.

"Y-you WHAT!?"

"What? It's a legit assumption. Oh and Danny I know you're there. I don't care how much I ship you two , if you hurt her I'm chucking you off this planet. Please be gentle she's still a virgin."

Danny looked like he wasn't sure whether to strangle Harley or be embarrassed.

"Harley Anderson I'm going to kill you slowly and painfully !"

"No I don't think you will. You need me too much. By the way is Alana still there? Do you want me to come over and teach her who's boss?"

I can't believe Harley humiliated me like that and then changed the subject like it was no biggie.

"Well I'm not sure."

"Your hopeless. I'll be there in ten. Bye."

And just like that she hung up.

I glanced at the screen.

Call ended 1 hour 20 minutes and 56 seconds.

Harley was so paying my phone bill.

Author's note:

Voila ! Here's the new chapter. Tell me what you think. :)

And don't forget to

Vote
Comment
Follow
SHARE

Xoxo,
Avery :)