Chapter 37- vulnerable not weak

A/N: 1.2k reads!? I'm giving you guys awesomeness awards! Enjoy! XD

Hazel's POV

I sat down on the designated seat on the plane. I felt tired and weary considering the fact that I barely got a wink of sleep last night.

All thanks to a certain someone.

I'm one messed up girl.

I exhaled deeply before laying my head back on the chair.

I decided to get us first class seats. I needed the rest. Celeste sat down across from me before giving me a knowing smile.

Sometimes it's annoying to have best friends you can't keep secrets from.

But if you're not going to tell them your secrets , I guess they can't be called a best friend.

Agh, life is weird.

Harley and Sophia sat om the aisle across from us and Harley wasted no time in calling the attention of the stewardess.

After trying to get some sleep ( key word here folks: trying. Sleeping on a plane is harder than it looks!) I gave up and decided to listen to my voicemail.

I put my headphones on and listened to the first one. It was from Tommy.

"Heya sis! Now just because you're some big shot in New York doesn't mean you get to forget about your younger brother over here in California! Just kidding. But seriously , come visit soon. I miss arguing. Peace and quiet ain't as amazing as it seems. bye!"

I smiled widely as I listened to his message. It was short and sweet, and it was adorable. Tommy wasn't actually such a bad guy.

I listened to the second voicemail. Again, it was from Tommy.

"Oh yeah, by the way, remember that spelling trophy you won in first grade? Well yeah I accidentally broke it. Some of the guys were over here the other night. In my defense I did absolutely nothing wrong except let them in your room. Y'know you might wanna postpone that visit for a while. Just until you forgive me. Bye!"

I take back about what I said earlier. He is a vicious , vile, horrible human being. My trophy? Come on! How many of you can say you won a spelling contest in first grade?

The third voicemail made my heart do a little back flip.

I momentarily forgot about my broken spelling trophy. I momentarily forgot about everything. All I could do was stare at the name on the screen.