Chapter 20- Hazel, will you be my girl?

Hazel's POV

After a tiring day at the office I knew I needed to get my mind off of things.

I pulled my phone out of my purse and was about to call Danny to ask him if he wanted to hang out, when my phone started ringing. It was Malcolm.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Remember when I told you I had a surprise that needed to be rescheduled because you couldn't make it? Well, I finally managed to reschedule .... And are you free tonight?"

"Yes"

"Great! I'll pick you up at 7:00"

He hung up. I glanced at my watch, 7:00? It was already 6:30! I got into my Mercedes and drove off as fast as I could.

Once I arrived home I jumped into the shower, changed, did my hair, and left a note on the fridge saying where I was going.

I hope Harley doesn't eat the note by accident.

I was wearing a soft blue cocktail dress that only reached mid-thigh, with a pair of heels that matched the dress.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts and I opened the door.

In front of me, stood Malcolm looking as gorgeous as ever. He had a bouquet of roses in his hands which I accepted with thanks.

To be honest I didn't really like flowers. They reminded me of funerals. But I accepted them nevertheless. I'd give them to Celeste.

"Good evening Hazel"

I smiled warmly. This guy was just too sweet for me.

"Hi Malcolm."

He held my hand gently as he led me to his car.

"You look beautiful." He whispered.

I smiled. Then I planted a soft kiss on his cheek.
*
*
*
*
*
*
I actually thought he was going to take me to another five star restaurant. But boy was I wrong.

Where are we going?

I gasped softly when I saw the familiar road up ahead.

Why were we going to the pier?

I glanced to my left and saw Malcolm trying to contain his excitement. It was so adorable to watch. He was like a little kid on Christmas morning.

The first thing I noticed as we approached our destination were the blinding colorful lights.

I gasped in awe as I saw a beautiful cruise ship in front of us. For some reason it reminded me of 'titanic'. It was simply breathtaking.

Before I knew it the car had stopped and we climbed aboard the boat.

"It'll just take a short trip, it'll be back by midnight." Malcolm informed me.

Midnight....

I felt like Cinderella. This was all so surreal. Sure , I had my own jet, my own plane, my own yacht, but cruise ship? Nope.

A waiter approached Malcolm and I and led us to a secluded part of the ship. It had a small table overlooking the ocean. The cool breeze nipped at my bare skin but it felt good, refreshing even.

As we headed out to the open sea, a waiter came to serve us some fabulous champagne and breadsticks. Then he handed us a menu.

A group of musicians starting playing violins in the corner. I'll be honest, I was no fan of classical music. I didn't recognize any of Mozart of Beethoven or whoever else's music.

Besides, wasn't Beethoven a dog in that movie?

Nevertheless, everything felt so romantic and calm. I felt at ease when I was with Malcolm. It was as easy as breathing. Malcolm and I made small talk throughout the course of the meal.

At around 10, when we were walking around the deck feeling a little tipsy from the champagne, Malcolm gently held my wrist, and looked into my eyes.

"Hazel?"

"Malcolm" I felt lost as I stared into his eyes. I swear I could hear Taylor Swift singing in the background.

You lift my feet of the ground, you spin me around

You make me crazier crazier

Feels like I'm falling in love , I'm lost in your eyes

You Make me crazier crazier...

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I stared into those eyes of his and realized that I liked Malcolm. I really did. He was sweet, he was a gentleman, he was the perfect prince charming. And I may actually be falling for him.

"Yes"

His lips crashed onto mine and he kissed me softly, tenderly and gently. I felt wanted, I felt loved. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands held my waist.

And suddenly I heard it. Fireworks.

No, not what you're thinking. Not fireworks from the kiss. Real fireworks , fourth of July type of fireworks.

I felt Malcolm's lips leave mine but our positions stayed the same. I looked at his face and saw the colors of the fireworks reflect in his eyes as he stared up into the night sky. And everything was perfect.

I felt like a teenager again. The butterflies fluttered about like they did on my first date. Malcolm made those feelings resurface. The feeling when a guy opens the door for you, when he kisses you for the first time, and when he says he loves you.

Those feelings that I never thought I'd feel again.

Author's note: aaaahhh!!!! Malcolm's such a gentlemen. Like a prince on a white horse. Sorry Danny fans, you'll get your Danny moments soon enough :D

So! What do you think Malcolm will do when he finds out what Hazel is doing? That is, IF he finds out....bwahahahahaha

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!!!! I'll see you all next chapter. Bye!

Xoxo,
Avery