chapter 12- the transformation

Three months later

All eyes were on her as she made her way through the airport. Everyone she spoke to was left tongue-tied and dazzled. And why wouldn't they be? She was Hazel Armada , the daughter of the richest person in America. She had the body of a goddess and the smile of an angel. Everyone wanted to know her. Everyone wanted to be her friend. The way she carried herself with such confidence showed that she wasn't afraid of anything. And that she would never back down from a challenge.

Hazel's POV

No one's staring, no ones staring

I kept telling myself. But every time I looked around me , people had their jaws dropped and their eyes bugging out of their sockets.

I had spent the last three months in Celeste's summer home in Venice Italy. There ,they taught me all I needed to know about girl world. Harley , Celeste, and yes, even Sophia. She and I have actually gotten closer over the months and I've come to realize that she isn't as bad as I thought she was. In fact , I kind of like her.

"Hazel!" I turned around and saw them coming my way. Flashing them a smile, I went in their direction.

Over the past few months, my feelings for Robin have disappeared completely. I have completely erased my love for him. Malcolm and I conversed quite a bit through emails and texts. Sometimes we would talk all night.

Last month, he showed up in Venice, and he and I , well, what are we? I'm not so sure myself. I guess we were unofficially boyfriend and girlfriend. He hasn't asked me yet and I don't know if I'm ready. And I most definitely , would not want it to interfere with my plans.

"Come on Hazel, we all know your dying to see your boyfriend but we still have unfinished business" Celeste said whilst linking her arm through mine.

"He's not my boyfriend" I said with a laugh. Yes, that's right. I didn't blush anymore. I was no longer shy and meek.

"Haha, you don't fool us" Sophia said from my right.

Harley simply rolled her eyes. Apparently she was on team Danny.

Oh , Danny. Well you could say he and I rekindled our friendship. You thought Malcolm and I spent lots of time talking, Danny and I talked from 7pm to 4am. Then again during lazy afternoons. Time difference was no problem for Danny.

My phone buzzed in my purse and I pulled it out.

You have one new message.