chapter 3 - Paris

He understood me!?

I tried to calm myself down. Its not like I was talking about him or anything. . . .

I smiled and said. "Yeah, I studied Tagalog for a year or two".

He nodded. "I always like learning languages. I speak French, German, Russian, Tagalog, and English."

I nodded in acknowledgement. So he was gonna brag huh?

Wrong move buster.

"That's fantastic. I speak Tagalog, Italian, French, Japanese, , Spanish, Russian, German, and English.. Fluently. " I said in a smug tone.

I looked at him. He was trying to hide the awe in his eyes. I smirked mentally.

Serves you right .

"Ahem, so , what are you going to do in Paris? " he asked me with fake curiosity.

He was trying to change the subject. That was cute. He was embarrassed.

What the hell hazel? Did you just call him cute!?

I quickly composed myself although I was certain my ouburst only existed in my head.

"I'm actually going to surprise my boyfriend. "

His eyes held a look that I couldn't decipher. Strange.

There that's much more appropriate. Call him strange instead of cute.

Seriously, if this plane wasn't full of people I'd have face palmed myself by now.

"Oh." He said quietly. He cleared his throat.

"So, how about you? " I said I an attempt to break the tension that was starting to form between us.

My question broke him out of his trance. His eyes lit up as he began talking about the new business that they were hoping to put in Paris. He talked and talked and I listened intently.

My father wanted me to take over the family business (even though it just started) when I got older (well actually when he got older. ) so I did everything I could to learn more about the business world .

By the time we had arrived in Paris it was dark. Malcolm gave me his phone number and told me to give him a call anytime, when I got myself a new phone of course.

I smiled and him and thanked him for everything. His eyes once again held that look that left me confused. But I shrugged it off. I checked into a hotel and immediately crashed on the bed.

The room was simple. A TV, a bed , a bathroom, but the best part? A balcony with a view of the Eiffel tower . It was magical. I fell asleep with a smile on my face and the promise of tomorrow lingering in mind.

*

*

*

*

*

I woke up early and then realized I had fallen asleep in my jeans. I hastily went to the bathroom ,stripped down, and jumped in the shower.

The hot water burned my skin but it felt good. I was excited . I was going to see Robin. After six long months I was going to see him.

It excited me in ways I never felt before. He was my Mr. Right. I shut the water off and wrapped a peach colored towel around me.

I wore a soft pink dress with a huge coat. It was cold out and I needed the heat.

It was loose so you couldn't really tell the shape of my body . I went back into the bathroom and stared at my reflection. I went back to my suitcase.

4 outfits later.........

Perfect . I thought looking at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a light yellow dress that had pink and peach flowers on it. Paired with a huge yellow jacket, black leggings, and black belt that hugged my waist. My blonde hair hung around my shoulders. I grabbed my yellow purse and stepped out to seize the day.

The cool air nipped at my skin as I ventured outside. The doorman greeted me with a polite "bonjour" and I repeated the greeting.

The citizens of Paris all seemed quite busy. Bustling about and minding their own business. The shopkeepers sent warm smiles in my direction as they advertised they products.

I smiled in their direction but didn't stop.

I was grateful that it hadn't snowed yet. However, the whistling of the wind held the promise of a snowfall.

The sun shined brightly yet it wasn't enough to chase the cold away. I shivered and trudged forward.