chapter 33- discovered

Hazel's POV

I didn't know what I was up against when I stepped out of the airport. I didn't know what I was looking for.

But I knew I needed to discover the truth.

I brought Sophia , Harley , and Celeste with me.

I know they'd never forgive me if I left them behind.

And besides, I needed Sophia with me since I couldn't remember the name of the club.

I had about 100,000 dollars with me in case I needed it for bribery or for a quick escape.

"So what do we do first?"

Celeste asked while shouldering her bag.

"First, we find a restaurant. We are not going all detective-ish with an empty stomach."

Harley stated blantly before putting on a baseball cap and walking ahead.

In all honesty I was grateful that the three of them came with me.

They were the greatest friends ever, dropping everything just to come with me to Paris.

But I guess that's what friends are for.

I planned to tell them about the Hong Kong trip later.

Maybe at the hotel or wherever we end up tonight.

I couldn't keep it from them any longer. I hated keep in them in the dark. It felt awful.

I forced a smile. "Harley's right. Besides I'm starving. Let's eat."

*
*
*
*

As soon as we finished eating lunch the four of us hopped into a cab and started towards our destination.

Sophia spoke in French to the driver regarding our destination.

I was barely listening, I was too busy examining the surroundings, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

What had the P.I. found out? Why did they kill him for it?

I may have just been putting my life in danger by coming to Paris but I needed to know.

I'd rather live till tomorrow and have everything figured out than live a hundred years clueless.

For me life was not measured by time. It was measured by how you spent time.

I liked my choices. So far.

The road was bumpy and tragically
thin. It was also incredibly old.

Maybe even older than the 60 year old cab driver.

When we arrived at our destination it wasn't at all what I was expecting.

I expected an old, abandoned shack of some sort with chipped paint and windows practically falling out.

But what I saw in front of me looked like it belonged in Las Vegas. It was beautiful. Five stories tall covered with white paint that didn't have a stroke out of place. I was a pretty awesome getaway.

It's surroundings however , troubled me.

Dark alleys covered with vandalism, spray paintings,and other very unpromising things.

"How are we going to get out of this place? There's not a car in sight?"

Celeste glanced around worriedly.