Chapter 34- thicker than water

Hazel's POV

"We should split up."

Sophia suggested.

"Are you kidding? Have you seen any horror movies? That's how all the bad stuff starts out. They split up. Then the scaredy cat gets killed. Then the couple making out, and then the main character gets locked in a room-"

Celeste started rattling off different scenarios. None of them good.

"SHUT UP WOMAN!"

Harley yelled loudly. She was shaking with annoyance.

"We are in a life and death situation! This is no time to be giving movie horror scene lectures! And if I die, all you suckers are dying with me. Capish? Therefore we are NOT splitting up."

Harley's little outburst was almost enough to get me to crack a smile. Almost.

"How are we supposed to snoop? I thought you said we're not supposed to touch anything."

Celeste said while crossing her arms over her chest.

Her gesture , I suspected, was an attempt to hide her trembling fingers. But it didn't fool anyone.

"I've got some gloves. You know like police transparent kinda gloves."

Harley muttered with a shrug.

After accepting a pair of them I asked "where'd you get these kinda gloves?"

He replied with a wink that left me confused and frustrated.

"We could check the computer. Might have some recent files. We might even be able to take a peek at the video cameras."

Sophia suggested while brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Harley didn't even reply. She simply walked over to the computer and started typing furiously.

Trying to ignore the stench, I approached the computer and watched as Harley hacked into the files.

"Right so we're supposed to look for something that happened months ago ? There's like a billion files in here."

Harley grumbled impatiently.

"Scoot over"

I commanded.

I typed I the name Robin Sanders and waited not so patiently for the files to finish loading.

Nada. Nothing. Zip. Zero.

No files of Robin Sanders popped up.

"He probably never registered in the hotel."

Sophia muttered sounding defeated.

"What about that chick Sophia told you about. Y'know , Malcolm's sister."

Harley said while looking at me expectantly.

I bit the inside of my cheek and hesitantly typed her name.

Loading .......

At least a hundred files popped up.

The most recent one was a few months ago.

Alana Wright.....

Who was this girl? Why did I get a bad feeling about this ?

Eager to find the answers to my questions, I read through the files.