chapter 32- revealing secrets

Hazel's POV

Sister? I wasn't aware Malcolm had a sister. Further proof that I didn't know him as well as I should've.

Her gaze bore through me as she stared coldly. Her eyes were cruel and unforgiving.

I would imagine several men chasing after her. Not just because of her obvious beauty and wealth.

But because of the mysterious aura that enveloped her.

It was almost as if she was hiding a dark secret. One she'd be willing to take to the grave.

It was luring if you were a man lookin for an adventure.

Fortunately I was not.

And although this girl fascinated me, I wasn't intimidated.

"Never mind. I'll take the liberty of calling him. Nice meeting you Ms. Wright"

She scrunched up her eyebrows and gave me a look of disgust before slamming the door in my face.

Or should I say before trying to slam the door in my face.

I put my foot in the door before it could close fast enough.

"You've no idea who you're messing with so I suggest you drop the bitchy behavior."

She stared at me wide-eyed.

I smirked and then waved my hand slightly in a sort of toodaloo gesture.

Then I walked out.

*
*
*
*
*

I didn't take the time to congratulate myself for standing up to that brat.

My mind was wrapped up in a different subject matter.

Alana Wright

I've heard that name before. It was familiar.

In fact , I believe Sophia knew her too.

I stopped dead in my tracks. Realization swept over me and my brain began putting the puzzle pieces together.

*flashback*

"I need to tell you something. Something about Robin"

Sophia's words echoed in my mind. What did she mean? What could Robin have possibly done?

And most importantly , why did this French girl, someone I've never known before, show up at my front door in New York just to deliver news.

My curiosity was at it's highest peak.

"What do you mean?"

She gulped and looked at me fearfully.

"I don't think you'd believe me if I told you that's why I've taken the liberty to gather the information myself. Take a look"

I snatched the papers out of her hands and studied them carefully.

"These are just my bank records. "

I looked at her in confusion.

"Look at the latest entries these past few months"

I looked at gasped at what I saw.

"HOLY SHIT!? 60,000 DOLLARS WITHDRAWAL!?"

Sophia visibly flinched. But I couldn't care less.

"I haven't been to the bank in MONTHS! And I certainly didn't withdraw 60,000 dollars!"

Sophia started trembling.

"This is what I wanted to talk to you about. Robin has been withdrawing money from your bank account, forging your signature."

I glared.

"How do I know it's not you who did this? What if you're just setting Robin up?"

I refused to believe Robin would do such a thing to me.

Sophia hurriedly showed me some pictures. Evidence. It was him.

"But how...?"

My sentence was cut short since my voice cracked.

I hadn't even realized I was on the verge of tears.

I grabbed a handkerchief and blew my nose in a very unladylike manner.

"I hired a private investigator to check on Robin. This was after you left Paris and after I found out you were Robin's girlfriend."

She looked at me apologetically. My gaze remained cold.

" He found all this out , and more. It was nighttime when he called me, reporting the information he discovered. He sounded frantic and scared. He told me the name of a club , and a girl's name. Alana. He would've told me more but the line went dead. "

Sophia took a shaky breath.

"They found his body in the morning. Someone murdered him. He found something out. Something that cost him his life. "

My tears were long gone. I was too upset. Too heartbroken. Too betrayed. Not only did Robin cheat on me, he stole from me. I wanted justice. I wanted revenge.

*end of flashback*

I whipped out my phone right there in the middle of the road. I was walking home, the distance wasn't that far and I didn't bring a car anyways.

Alana.

She had something to do with this.

I needed to reveal all the secrets. I needed to find out what I was dealing with. I needed the truth. Now.

The other line rang thrice before my personal assistant picked up.

"Hello? Ms. Armada?"

"Cancel all my plans tomorrow. I'm catching a flight to Paris."

Author's note:

in case you guys are confused that flashback was from chapter 7, it's what happened when Sophia visited Hazel unexpectedly.

What do you guys think of this chapter? Things are getting kinda thrilling, don't you think?

Don't forget to leave a comment, and press the little star at the bottom of the screen ;)

The sooner the votes go up, the sooner I will update.

I'll see you all next chapter ;)

Xoxo,
Avery