Chapter 43- Congratulations , you've updated your status from dumbass to moron

Hazel's POV

A few days later, the court held a trial for Robin's "attempted murder".
Right before the trial started, I slipped into the small room where Robin was being held behind bars. Harley and Celeste were right behind me.

He had his face buried in his hands and his hair was an absolute mess.
It was obvious how frustrated and defeated he felt.

I kneeled in front of him, the bars were the only thing separating us, while Harley made small talk with the guard.

Of course I wasn't stupid. This place was probably infested with cameras. I wouldn't be surprised if people were watching me right now. They wouldn't feel threatened by me , I'm sure.

I did receive several curious glances when I requested to visit Robin before court was in session however I quickly convinced them that it was only because I wanted to say hi, and wish him well, after all he was my charity case for the past few months.

His eyes met mine as he lifted his head. They were obviously weary, and tired. He probably didn't even get a blink of sleep last night.

A million expressions flashed through his eyes as he stared at me.

Disbelief

Betrayal

Hurt

Anger

Confusion

Frustration

I smiled at him, it was triumphant.

"How you holding up?" I asked him.

His glare was absolutely priceless. I wish I could've taken a picture of it. However, picture or not, that expression of his would forever be in my mind. It was simply too good to forget.

"Oh I've been better." He spat at out sarcastically.

I laughed. Harley snickered behind me.

"You framed me." He said through grit teeth.

I tilted my head to the side.

"You got what you deserved."

And , for the sake of the camera, I added another phrase to the end of that sentence.

"The help that you need."

I stood up and left, and I as I did, I heard Harley say to him

"Congratulations, you've updated your status from dumbass to moron."

***

I sat in one of the front seats, I wanted to watch this entire thing with the best imaginable view of my victim.

A sense of satisfaction washed throughout my body, and I felt at peace.

Much to my surprise, Demetri Wright took a seat next to me. I hadn't expected him to come to this event.

"Court is now in session." The honorable judge announced.

I turned my head to the front, I wanted to listen to the trial but Demetri said something that made me whip my head in his direction.

Never in a thousand years would I have expected the great Demetri Wright to say these two words that he was saying now.

Someone take a video. This belongs in a history museum.

"Thank you."

I simply couldn't believe my ears. He continued talking and I decided to listen.

"I never knew Alana felt that way. She was obsessed with Robin. Infatuated. She murdered people. Good people. Innocent people. I saw the videotape. And I hired some of the best private investigators. It was a nightmare. My little Angel. My little Alana. Thank you. Hazel Armada."

I nodded my head in a daze. Harley gave me a funny look, but I shrugged it off.

"Mr Sanders has been charged with kidnapping and attempted murder. We have the victim here with us today, a 21 year old girl named Sophia."

Sophia then began to tell them this sad story, a nightmarish ride. I smiled as she spoke. Everyone in the room believed her. She was questioned afterwards and then escorted to the back of the room where she took a seat.

I turned my head a little to catch a glimpse of her, she wasn't alone in her seat. Mr. Macho policeman was sitting next to her.

I smiled and nudged Celeste. She laughed.

Harley did too.

I turned my attention back to the judge.

"Robin Sanders you shall spend 8 years in a rehab center off the coast in Spain, care of Ms. Hazel Armada, and the rest of your life will be spent in federal prison."

Robin's eyes widened in horror. I tried really really hard not to laugh.

It was tough, but I managed.

Mr. Wright apologized once more on behalf of Alana's behavior. She would be getting the help she needed.

Then he left the courtroom.

The judge pounded her cute little hammer thing that's name I never bothered to learn, and the trial was over.

Robin eyes met mine as the police escorted him out of the building.

I winked at him. He glared in response.

That was the last time I ever saw Robin Sanders.