chapter one

y/n's point of view:

"So I need to tell you something" Charlotte said seriously

We were sitting in a café by a port in Monaco. We decided to have a little date. She's my one and only best friend.

"Go on, babe" I gave her a small smile

"I broke up with Charles" She said silently, she was definitely destroyed, but I was so fucking happy. I know how toxic this seems, but he's just a fucking idiot. She deserves way better.

"No way! Finally!" It was the best thing I've heard in the last three months

"C'mon" She sighed "I've loved him..."

"It's a good thing you finally did it, you were just so in love and he was just messing with your feelings and you know that and I've told you before. You're finally gonna find someone amazing!" I was acting like a little fucking child getting a toy "God that reminds me how much I've not missed him"

"He also thinks it's your fault we broke up" She added chuckling

"Oh I like that" I smirked "I hate him so fucking much"

"Yeah, no shit" Charlotte chuckled "I just wanted you to know, since you're still gonna have to spend time with him"

"Thank you for reminding me" I said ironically, I have had the best four months of my life during this break, 'cause I wasn't forced to see him.

Just so you know I work for Ferrari, I'm their public relations manager and I organize press conferences, interviews and other stuff which requires to work with the drivers. Me and Charles has never been the best of friends, we never got with each other very well and mostly we just don't understand each other. Even though we're almost the same. We're from rich families, we live in Monaco, we find passion in racing and we work in the same team. We have a lot in common and I think that's what makes us both not like each other too much. It's like with the poles in physics, the same ones are not attracted to each other, more like they're repeling each other. There is no exact reason for us to not like each other, we just don't. It's simple. But sometimes the hateress is like too much.

"But why tho? What happened?"

"He started drinking too much like a half year ago and I believed he'll stop, he didn't so I broke up with him...you know what I think about alcohol" She said

"Perfect, so he's not just an idiot he's also an alcoholic now" I rolled my eyes

"It's not that bad, but he cannot help himself not getting a drink for a day" She explained "but at least he's not drinking during race weekends"

"Good" I sighed "sounds perfect"

We got back home after chatting for some time. We live in the same appartment house, but luckily not in the same appartment. I love her, but I wouldn't be able to handle her and I bet she feels the same way about me. But after all I am happy she's not with the idiot already and I can enjoy her without hearing about him. She actually started dating Leclerc right after they met and that was because of me when I started working in Ferrari and they met 'cause I was bringing her with me to every race possible. But back then me and Leclerc weren't that big enemies.

This one is a short one 🤗 are you gonna watch the race today?

Love

A.