chapter twelve

y/n's point of view:

"So again" I took a deep breath "are you serious?"

He rolled his eyes "Yes I am, I had a few drinks on that airplane and I never drive when I am drunk"

"That would make sense" I sighed "fine, let's spend another 30 minutes together" I turned to face the parking lot and looked around to find his car, it was pretty noticable

I made my way there and I heard him behind me with his suitcase. I unlocked the car as soon as I got there and opened the trunk to put our stuff there. Which we did.

I sat in the driver seat and he sat next to me. It felt weird, I've driven a car like this before, but this felt too personal. I couldn't see a thing in his rearview mirrors, so I had to adjust them a little. And his seat was also too low for me. However after I set everything I was ready to leave the airport.

The ride was thanfully silent, or at least the first five minutes.

"Hey," He started silently, he was obviously still pretty fucked up. I won't ever get it why he drinks so much, but it's not my problem. "about the..." he couldn't express himself "the night on the bar"

"I got no clue what you're talking about" I said immediately "nothing happened"

"Yeah" I felt him look at me, but I didn't "sure"

"What?" I gave him a non understanding look

"Just wanted you to know that I won't tell Pierre anything" He said looking in the front

"Of course you wouldn't, because it never happened, nothing happened. We never talked, we never met the guy, we never k-" I groaned "fuck! It was just weird, I didn't like it and I wish I could forget it"

"Hm" He sighed "I definitely didn't like it either"

"Good, because It'd be weird if you did" I said

At the same moment my phone started ringing in my pocket. I got it out and wanted to pick it up.

"No, you're not gonna talk to someone on the phone while driving my car" He immediately said

"Then hold the phone for me, idiot" I handed him my phone too harashly he had to hold it either way it'd end up somewhere under the seats

"It's Pierre" He said

"Pick it up" I said

He did and actually held the phone.

"Hi y/n(in a nicer way), I couldn't reach out to you for a whole day, are you okay?" He asked

"Hi, yes. I'm just going home from the airport" I answered

"Are you driving?"

"Yes, I am" I rolled my eyes. Why the fuck do you care? "But I got the phone on a holder"

"Hi mate" Of course he had to get into this "I am the holder"

"You couldn't stay quiet?" I gave him an angry look

"Charles?" Pierre chuckled "what are you doing there?"

I didn't let him talk "Well, he is fucked up again so I have to drive him home"

Charles rolled his eyes and rather stayed quiet.

"Why, Charles?" Pierre asked him

"You can talk to him when he gets home and I'll also call you later, okay?"

"Okay, I'll be looking forward, bye" Pierre said

"Bye" I got the phone out of Charles' hand and hang up

"You didn't have to tell him" He was offended

"It's the truth and what else was I supposed to say?" I chuckled sarcastically "that we became friends?"

"Fine, maybe I will tell him" He sighed

"You wouldn't do that do yourself" I snorted

"I wasn't talking about kissing you" Fuck those words made me shiver. "But about you hitting on the steward"

"Why are you acting like we're fucking dating?" I asked "he wouldn't care, I am not his girlfriend nor his at all"

"Well he is hoping you could be" He shrugged his shoulders

"That's too bad for him, I already told him I am not looking for a relationship" I explained

He didn't say anything to this. I turned on the volume on the radio so that I can ignore him for the rest of the ride. We were almost in Monaco anyway.

I parked his car near his and mine house as well. We live close to each other, unfortunately.

"Thanks" He said before we got out of the car

"Yea" I didn't say anything else, I don't have to thank him for anything. I got out of the car, so did he. I got my stuff out of the trunk and handed him his keys back. "bye" I left the way my house was, it was pretty close so I didn't have to walk with that suitcase for too long.

I got inside my house and got onto the floor my appartment was. I was so excited to finally made myself a good coffee, take a bath and have a break after travelling for that long. But that was before someone rang my doorbell. I opened the door.

"Hii" It was Charlotte, she looked amused "I'm so glad you're home"

"Hi," I chuckled "were you stalking me or what, i just got there"

"I know" She got inside laughing a little "you won't believe what happened"

"Take a seat and tell me" I sat by my table and so did she, she got her phone out

"I was all excited about what I am about to see" ahe obviously looked for something in there "I saw Charles' car park nearby from my balcony and I recorded him, because I saw two people in"

Oh Gosh, I know where this is going, but I still pretended I am excitedly listening.

"I thought he's got a new girlfriend" She show me the video, there was both of us getting out of the car "but it was you" she laughed

"Yeah, that's so funny" I sighed

"How come this happened?" She asked

I was all tired about talking about it "he got fucked up on the airplane so I took him home"

"He never borrows his car to anyone," She chuckled "he had to be really drunk"

"He was" I lied, it wasn't that bad "it's getting annoying seeing him fucked up all the time"

Well, it is true. And it's obviously not good for neither of us. But at least she took it well.

I am early today 😏

Love

A.