chapter thirty one

y/n's point of view:

I entered the paddock two hours before qualifying. All of my co-workers greeted me like I was gone for ages, but it felt good to be welcome back like this. But there was still this one person that tried to ruined my good mood.

"Welcome back, traitor" Leclerc showed up right after Carlos left his changing room

"Traitor?" I chuckled

"Yes" He nodded "still pretending like you're Charlotte's best friend even after what you did"

"Oh this thing" I realised what was he talking about "I'm not the traitor here, you forgot that Pierre's your best friend? You know he wants me and you still did what you did. As much as I know there's nothing between you and Charlotte"

"There's also nothing between you two" He shrugged his shoulders

"But he likes me and you know that, you're the traitor here, Leclerc" I smirked making my way out of the changing rooms "and by the way, I told her"

Before he could say anything I closed the door. I left with a better feeling, knowing I'm not hiding anything and got back to do what I needed to do.

. . .

Leclerc was out in Q1, surprisingly. I have no clue what's going on with him, not that I care, but he got back to the garage, got out of his car took his helmet off and left to hide somewhere. It all happened so fast I couldn't even decide if I should follow him or not, so I stayed in the garage.

Carlos ended up 5th and Leclerc didn't show up even after the qualifying ended. All of the drivers left to the hotel and so did I. I wanted to rest a little since the jet lag is still haunting me and I know that I won't be able to function properly tomorrow if I don't take a nap. I layed down in my bed and before I could open my eyes someone knocked on my door. Who the fuck? I got up, pissed and opened the door to see Pierre there.

"Hi, I was wondering if you don't want to come to a dinner with me and few of the drivers?" He asked with a smile on his face "Charles is not coming don't worry"

"Hi, Pierre, I'm sorry, but I won't. I need to do some stuff for tomorrow and also I want to rest a little, I still didn't get used to the time difference" I tried to excuse myself

"Okay, it's fine" He smiled "and tomorrow? Will you join?"

"I'll see, but probably yes" I tried to give him a small smile too

"Okay, so good night" He chuckled

"Bye, have fun" I closed the door and layed back down in my bed

. . .

I was fully awake in the middle of the night. I don't know why, I guess I just had enough sleep. I checked my phone to see what time is it. 4:30. Are you kidding me? I'm not going to be able to fall asleep now.

I heard quiet knocking on my door. It was pretty scary to be honest. But I still got up when I heard it again. I opened the door slowly, hoping no one is going to stab me. There was Leclerc. He looked exhausted.

"What do you need...now?" I asked

"I was hoping you will be asleep, but since you're not...can I come in?" He was talking really quietly and he was obviously drunk

For some reason I let him in "what's going on?"

"I forgot my hotel room number" He walked in and sat on my bed, he was wasted, but calm

"Leclerc c'mon are you drunk again?" I sighed

"A little" He showed me the amount of "little" with his fingers

"And you want to sleep here or why did you come here?" I asked again confusedly

"I can go to someone else's room, but your is only one I remember" He shrugged his shoulders

"Okay, that's weird" I said silently "you know what why don't you go and take a shower?"

"Do I smell that bad?" He chuckled

"No, you don't, but you will maybe sober up a little" I said

"Fine" He took his shirt off and throw it next to the bed

"N-no, take your clothes of in the bathroom, not here" I stopped him

He got up without saying a word and closed himself in the bathroom.

In the meanwhile I layed down in the bed trying to wake myself up. But it turned out I am pretty awake already. Why the fuck does he always come to me?

Leclerc got out of the bathroom like 10 minutes later, with only his boxers on.

"Do you mind if I sleep in only this?" He asked

"I don't care" To be honest I didn't know what to say, I tried not to look at him too much

He layed down next to me. "I'm sorry" he whispered, I heard his voice crack in the end

"No, it's fine" I said "but you have to have a different reason to come here"

He wasn't saying anything, after few seconds I heard him sobbing silently. That broke me, even though how much I hate him it broke me to hear him cry.

"C'mon...what's going on?" I had to hug him, it felt weird at first but once I felt him getting comfortable knowing he doesn't feel bad way about it, I got comfortable as well. I rested my head on his, his hair was wet, but it didn't really bother me. I ran my fingers through it carefully.

"I feel like I should end it" He mumbled

"What?" I asked again knowing if I understood him well

"I feel like I should give up, my carreer" He looked up at me

"No, don't you dare, Charles" I looked at him with a serious stare in my face, he probably couldn't even see it in the dark "you're one of the most talented drivers on the fucking grid, don't you dare. You got chances, don't give up so easily"

"I'm not, you hate me you don't mean it" He started sobbing again, he's a fucking mess

"First of all I do mean it, and second of all if I hated you that much I wouldn't even try to make you feel better" I sighed "C'mon, we've been through this before"

"Hm" He whispered

"Stop being a pussy Leclerc, man up a little" I chuckled wiping his tears down from his cheeks "and stop making my pillow wet"

He chuckled a little "I'm sorry"

"Don't be, just end up at least 3rd tomorrow" I said, I cannot expect him to win, he's starting from the 15th place

"I'll try" He sighed

"Also you shouldn't drink that much, it doesn't do you any good" I whispered

He just nodded, I know he didn't need to hear it, he got pissed at me once for telling him, but I don't care, it's true. "Thank you"

"It's fine," I looked him in the eyes like he did, I could see them perfectly, the light from the window was making them shine as much as the leftover tears

I felt his lips on mine. Fuck, not again. I couldn't do anything to stop it. His lips started moving against mine. I couldn't help myself and started doing the same. He's drunk, he won't remember it. This sentence ran through my head, but another one did as well. But you're not.

Heyy <3 I tried, I hope you like it just a little. It's my last day on my vacation, I'm going home tomorrow, so I'll probably be more active.

Love

A.