chapter nineteen

y/n's point of view:

I woke up in a bed naked. It was still dark outside and I actually thought it was just a bad dream since there was no on next to me. But  thenI saw someone move on the balcony, it wasn't a dream. Leclerc is on the balcony.

"Fuck" I realised, I still felt a little dizzy, but I picked up my phone from the nighstand to see it's only 4 am. There was also bunch of messages from Pierre

Pierre Gasly
1:56
I'll be in the hotel in 10

2:05
I'm here, open the door

2:05
Y/N!!!

2:05
I'm not gonna stop knocking

2:06
How can you not hear it?!

2:07
WAKE UP!

WAKE UP

wake up

2:10
fine, good night

2:15
I'm sorry...did I do something?

2:22
I'll see you in the morning...night ❤️

I'm sorry, Pierre. I decided to not open the texts so that it looks like I am still really sleeping, but I got up. I tried to find my dress in the dark of the room. It was laying by the door, so I put it on and decided to leave. Or maybe I should tell him that I'm leaving? I doubt he cares, but I still will. I opened the door to the balcony to see him sit there.

"Just informing you that I am leaving, I know you don't give a sh-" I noticed there's something wrong with him, he didn't even look at me which wouldn't be that weird but I saw a tear in the corner of his eye, the light from the street reflected from it. "are you okay?" Wait, why am I even asking?

"Totally" he whispered, he is definitely not okay because he didn't throw me off the balcony and kept on sitting without looking me in the face

"Are you sure?" I asked silently 

"Can you stop asking? P-please?" His voice broke and he put his hands over his face

I don't know why but I felt like sitting next to him and wait for him to calm down. I haven't seen him this way before. He was definitely broken before, but he never was showing it this way. But the mean way. The way he was just angry at everyone, me especially or he wouldn't talk to anyone at all.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked not surely, I actually was excepting him to kick me out

"Why would I want to talk to you about this?" He still wasn't giving me a single look

"Because I care about it" I shrugged my shoulders. I do not care about him, but I don't want anyone to suffer at all. I may seem like a heartless bitch, but I am not.

"You don't care" He scoffed

"Well let's pretend like I do because I am the only one here right now" I rolled my eyes, he was pissing me off again and I was already regretting my decisions

"Fine" He sighed and leaned on the chair, it took him a whole minute to start talking "well that is the exact problem, no one cares about me. I fuck up everything I see, I didn't even fucking end up third in this race. Everyone cares about Carlos right now and I am now the second driver...no one believes in me, no one. No one cares that I have problems, that I want to be good, sober and successful. The last few weeks it's just me and alcohol, that's why I am fucked up all the fucking time, because it makes me feel self-confident and happy for a minute"

"Oh stop it, I do believe in you. So many people does" I said, not in a mean way I tried to be nice

"Well that's a lie, you definitely do not believe in me" He chuckled ironically

"First thing is I also said that many other people does and the second one is that I really do believe in you, Charles" Well I wasn't lying "even though I hate you for how you act, I know you're a talented driver. I still work with you and believe me I'd love to see you win again, it's not about how much I hate you. You're still part of my job, which is a job I dreamed about a long time ago. And you were one of my favourite drivers back then, you only ruined my imagination about your personality, but there's still something deep down that wants you to win."

He wasn't saying anything, till he looked up at me "were those lies?"

"Believe me, Leclerc. I won't put the effort into making up lies just to make you feel better" I chuckled 

He did as well "sounds valid"

"Then I did a great job" I smirked proudly "I'm a perfect liar"

"Bitch" I heard him whisper while chuckling again

"I'm joking, really" I looked at him, being 100% serious "I wasn't lying"

"Well, thanks"

I got up "anytime," I got to the balcony door and was about to leave "another thing, if I were you I'd try to stop drinking, it doesn't make you a better person, it's just feeling. And also you see where we end up all the time, it's not good for either of us. Night"

I didn't know if he wanted to say something else, because I left the room as fast as possible.

A little shorter, sorryyyyy! 

Love

A.