chapter twenty eight

y/n's point of view:

I did as I said. I took the week off and decided to leave the country with Charlotte for some time. We went to Italy, Sicily to relax a little together.

We were just chilling on the beach, the sun was already setting, but it was still warm outside so we decided to stay for some more time before going for the dinner. This is our third day here and I still haven't told her... And I know I should. I'm just too scared she'll leave or make me leave and we're enjoying this stay too much to ruin it with stupid Leclerc. However it's Friday so that means it's practice day, but we probably won't watch it, maybe the quali tomorrow and definitely the race on Sunday, but not today.

"Wake up!" She chuckled

"I'm sorry, what's going on?" I asked confusedly, I was too lost in my thoughts about telling her what happened that I didn't even notice she got up

"I said we should leave and get ready for dinner" She smiled and reached for my hand to help me get up

"Okay" I got up putting on a fake small smile pretending like I did not just think about telling her how I fucked her ex

We got back to our room and we both got ready for having dinner. We love to make ourselves look super good even though it's just for us. So it took us whole two hours. Today we're not eating in a hotel, we're actually taking a taxi to the closest center here where we found good restaurants to choose from.

As soon as I sat by the table I was ready to tell her. I know I'm going to do it today. I decided to wait for us to finish eating and tell her while having a drink at the end of the dinner, since I don't want her to lose the appetite for the food.

We enjoyed our food, we took a lot of pictures and Charlotte immediately decided to post them on insta story, I wasn't mad at all, it's part of her work. I just hope I look good on the once I am in.
But that was till two boys came to our table and wanted to chat right when I was so fucking ready to spill everything out.

"Hey" Quite handsome boy said "can we join you?"

They were both actually pretty handsome, but they weren't something I'd go for.

"Sure!" Before I could protest Charlotte was already inviting them over to our table.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I'll never tell her if it goes like this. But I decided to accept my fate and try to have fun.

. . .

We actually got more drinks than we were planning to, but it turned out to be fun. Both of the boys were fun. They were so fucking obviously hitting on us, but I just wasn't intrested...So I was just showing him my lack of interest in a kind way even though I had a few drinks in me already, I just wanted to have fun, not to fuck.

I took my phone out to check the time. It was already after eleven. Fuck, we spent some time here. But I also noticed notifications from Instagram.

charles_leclerc wants to send you a message

charles_leclerc started following you

What?

I checked the message, on normal ocassions I'd ignore it, but I was drunk. Me + alcohol + Leclerc? Got the message? My stupid ass cannot ignore him while being drunk.

charles_leclerc shared a story from charlottesiine

charles_leclerc: we're the same y/n 😴

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I left him on read, but I was still thinking about it ignoring the three of them totally. Was he talking about me telling him that he betrayed his best friend? Or what the actuall fuck?

"C'mon, who are you texting?" The guy next to me nudged me with his elbow

"That's non of your business, actually" I locked my phone putting it on the table

"Sorry" He got a little offended

"I think we should go, Cha, I'm tired" I started to get up from the table

"Noo, don't goo" The second boy said

"We should, it's late" Charlotte nodded, we would normally love to go in a club or something but since it was just two of us in a foreign country we thought it would be better to leave it that way.

Shorter, I know and I am sorry. <3

Love

A.