chapter twenty four

y/n's point of view:

This was the fastest check out ever. I ran with my things from the room to the reception, where Charles already was with a taxi man, that has to get us there as soon as possible. The only good thing was that we didn't have to go through check in since we were only traveling with only a carry-on suitcase, so maybe we can make it in time.

Charles talked everything out with the driver and we could finally go. He said he will try to get us there as soon as possible. It was an old man, but he was really nice. He knew Leclerc and was a fan of F1 so I didn't have to go through awkward silence with him in the back seats through the whole ride, because they were talking.

"And what about you young lady?" He asked me out of nowhere, they were probably talking about the racing or work I don't know, I was lost in my thoughts trying to not cringe over the memory of us kissing in the elevator

"Oh, I'm his PR manager" I answered hopining I anwered the right question

"That's nice that you work together" He smiled

I didn't really understand why it should be nice, but I just smiled at him in his reverse mirror. However after that I was just looking out of the window the whole time trying to avoid Leclerc's looks or the driver's questions.

We made it to the airport three minutes before the airplane's departure. I was pissed we didn't plan to leave the hotel sooner, because we thought one hour at the airport will be enough. Leclerc surprisingly helped me get my suitcase from the trunk and we were about to leave when the driver stopped him again.

"Young man, come here" He said to Charles, I was almost inside the airport but I turned around to face them and wait for him to not be a bitch

He got back, the man put his hand on Charles' shoulder and told him something. I didn't hear them, but Charles just chuckled and nodded. So I figured everything was okay, but I was still curious. However he left the driver and I waved him, because he gave me a smile before he got back into his car.

"What did he told you?" I asked entering the airport

"Nothing" He chuckled again "let's find our plane"

"Bitch" I whispered while trying to find it on the board there, I did "last call"

"Well, let's go" He rushed to the passport check and I did behind him, thankfully there was no one else just us by that time so we could continue to the gate. But for our bad luck the gate was on the other side of the fucking airport. We ran through the hallways like crazy.

"Last call for the passengers Y/N Y/L/N and Charles Leclerc booked on flight PC691. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately" Started to sound over the whole hallway

"Fuck, fuck, fuck" I ran even faster than before, with my suitcase behind me, I believe it had to be funny to see us like this.

We thankfully got to the airplane in time. We were both all sweaty and disgusting but we found our sweats, unfortunately next to each other in the first class again. I sat in my seat and fasten my seatbelt, so did he. I looked at him still breathing like crazy. So was he. We both bursted out laughing for some reason. This was weird and crazy. First we got stuck in the elevator together, then we have to run for our lives together. Wow. We stopped laughing when we heard Pierre behind us.

"Are y'all fine?" He seemed annoyed

"Totally, can't you see?" I chuckled

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls? What were you doing?" He asked

"What? You don't know?" Why was I expecting him to know that we got stuck in one of two elevators in the hotel

"How should I?" He raised his brows "you weren't answering"

"We got stuck in an elevator for an hour, there was no signal" I explained "so you didn't know and still left?"

"Thought you dumped me" He shrugged his shoulders

"Oh you thought" I chuckled ironically "fine" I turned back around to face the seat in front of me

"What was I supposed to think? When you were ignoring me" He continued

"There was no signal," I repeated and decided to ignore him now so I turned around to see Leclerc

"What did the driver tell you?" I asked again

"That.." He laughed silently trying to tell me

"What's so funny, Leclerc?" I chuckled as well

"That I've got a beautiful girlfriend" He laughed again

I started to laugh as well "noo, no way he thought that"

"He obviously did" He shrugged his shoulders "whatever"

Hii, I'm sorry for not posting so much these past couple days but I'm having a practice in school and it's really tiring 🫠

Love

A.