chapter sixteen

Pierre's point of view:

After y/n left a conversation started between the rest of us.

"She's pretty rough on you" Lando chuckled "she obviously doesn't fuck with anyone"

"She is like that, she's a heartless bitch" Charles shrugged his shoulders

"Hey, don't talk about her like that, she's not..." I said "but she's just sometimes so sweet and cuddly but then she is like this out of nowhere"

"Because you're obviously trying too much," Lando rolled his eyes "you can see that she doesn't like you the way you'd want her to like you"

"Well I just can't help myself being like this, because I obviously feel the exact opposite way she does"

"If I were you I'd not tell her, because obviously..." Lando chuckled "and just enjoy since you have the opportunity to"

I looked at Charles to have his opinion as well, but he just shrugged his shoulders, he doesn't care

"Yeah, maybe you're right" I sighed

"But don't let yourself fall for her even more" Lando added

Charles was just mixing his drink with a straw, not saying anything. He obviously didn't want to be involved in a conversation about her. And I get it, he hates her.

. . .

y/n's point of view:

The qualification day was okay. Kind of boring, but I could get over it. Isa is not going to join us on this race weekend so I was there all by myself. The qualification turned out really good for Carlos, he's got P2. But on the other hand Leclerc got P10 due to some problems. Also he was pissed the whole day so he didn't talk to anyone, but it didn't bother me really. This season doesn't look good for him and I think we all know why. He's becoming even more addicted. But that isn't my problem, I don't care.

. . .

The race is about to start in two hours. We all have arrived in the paddock already and getting ready for all interviews. I was sitting with Carlos in his garage, just chatting.

"I heard what happened" He chuckled

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows, the first thing that popped up in my head was me kissing Charles on that airplane. No. He was kissing me. I got nothing to do with that. But why would he tell him?

"The pictures Lando posted" He said. Oh this thing.

"Oh yeah, awkward" I didn't know what to say

He gave me a questioning look

"What? You also want us together?" I rolled my eyes

"No, I just thought that you like him"

"I don't like him like that"  I explained "I told Isa like million times, why does not anyone understand that?"

"I do and I am so glad about it" A voice behind me said

"At least you do," I sighed

"I'd have to kill you if you started dating him" Leclerc said next to Carlos

"Hmm" I smiled ironically

"Seriously, I-" I interrupted him right away

"I didn't ask, Leclerc. I'm not in love with him, I don't even like him like that so stop it" I rolled my eyes "it's not gonna happen"

"You're so boring" He scoffed

"This is the nicest thing you've ever said to me, thank you" I again smiled ironically

"No problem" He smirked

"Gosh, you always piss me off when you're doing that stupid face" I got disgusted. This smirk is something everyone loves, but I just fucking hate it. It's so annoying and ugly.

I just realised this is the first time in two days that he spoke to someone. He was avoiding everyone and every conversation. He wasn't even talking to the boys, he didn't join them on dinner, nothing.

"That's why I do it, for you" He still had that stupid face on

"You know what, you both better get ready for the pre-race conference" I got up and decided to leave to see how's everything being prepared

The boys then joined the pre race conference and some interviews and everything went smoothly, because I didn't have to talk to Leclerc anymore. This time he wasn't drunk in the changing rooms, which I was glad about, because I didn't need to look for him.

. . .

The race was the best race of this season just yet. Carlos won again! This is such a good sign, I've have always wanted him to have a successful season. Everything was always about Leclerc, but it's now finally being about Carlos. And Leclerc ended up on P9. Don't even care about it.

And since Isa wasn't here I was the one to give him the appreciation he needs. As soon as he got back from the podium I hugged him tightly.

"Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!" I almost started crying from happiness "I'm so happy for you"

"Thank you!" He was so happy, he hugged me tightly as well

After I pulled away I saw Leclerc passing by giving me not even annoyed side eye, more like sad and disappointed. But he's the one who disappointed himself. I ignored it.

"We're have to celebrate it!" I jumped

I'm drunk :)

Love

A.