chapter forty nine

y/n's point of view:

Me and Charlotte even went shopping after the weather became better. I bought this nice black shiny dress to wear for the wags dinner. I feel kinda excited to be there to be honest.

However now I'm taking my stuff and putting it into the trunk of Charles' car. I'm really gonna sacrifice myself and drive the whole way there. But it should be like 6 hour drive and I think it's gonna be fine. I'm supposed to arrive by midnight, so I hope Charles won't be sleeping already.

After I've told Charlotte everything I felt kind of relieved. Not for just spilling the whole tea and finally telling someone, but also because of her reaction, she was supportive.

. . .

I was in the middle of the road to Italy. I started to get tired, so I decided to stop at a gas station and get a coffee and some energy drink. These things usually do work for me really fast and also finally getting out of the car and stretching a little made me wake up as well. After I got out of the gas station I saw two men taking pictures of Charles' car. It made my heart race a little since we and the cashier were the only people on the gas station at the moment and I started to think about the worst. However I made my way to the car and they watched me unlock it.

"Is that yours?" One of them asked

"No, I'm borrowing it" I said trying to give them a smile

"We thought it was Leclerc's car, we're such a huge fans" The other one asked

The worry fell down off of me a little "It is his car" I said "I'm just driving it for him"

"Oh, cool, well thanks"

"Bye"

I got into the car and drove away as fast as I could, because I felt genuinely scared, not knowing why.

. . .

I arrived to the hotel at exactly 0:34. Which was about the time I expected to arrive. I parked Charles' car in a closed garage and went straight to the reception desk. There was a receptionis that I know from the past years, she's a nice girl.

"Hello" I stood infront of the reception desk smiling at her

"Oh my God, hii!" She gave me a big surprised smile "I thought you were gonna arrive tomorrow, I'm sorry I don't have any documents prepared for you"

"It's okay" I chuckled "I came unexpectedly and you can give it to me in the morning"

"No, I'm gonna do it right away" She smiled "how are you? I haven't seen you for a year"

"I'm actually pretty good, what about you, what's new?"

"As you can see, nothing" She chuckled "but I'm fine, thank you"

"I'm glad" I smiled "well is everyone in the house yet?"

"I think everyone should be checked in, at least every driver" She handed me documents I needed which also included room numbers of Carlos and Charles

"Perfect" I smiled looking at the paper, reading Charles' room number

"What is it? Are you planning to rob them?" She laughed

"Noo, I just need to give Charles his car keys" I said

"Well that's new, last year you couldn't even look at him and now you have his car keys?"

"We kind of got along, it's a long story" I chuckled "I brought him his car"

"You gotta tell me" She said smiling

"We can go grab a coffee sometime, when do you finish your shift?"

"Tomorrow morning, but I'll go straight to sleep" She said

"Understandable, well if you would want to have a coffee with me just text me or call me" I smiled giving her my business card

"Will do, good night"

"Good night" I left to check in to my room and then straight away to Charles'

. . .

I knocked on Charles' door silently hoping he won't be sleeping just yet. Few minutes passed by and still no answer so I decided to leave. But just then the door opened behind me.

"What are you doing here?" I heard him chuckle happily

"I missed you so I drove the way here" I laughed awkwardly handing him his car keys

"You are crazy" He laughed hugging me immediately

I hugged him back "can I stay at yours tonight?"

"Of course, come in" He took my hand and got into the room with me "I'm sorry for taking so long to open the door I thought it was Pierre"

"Why Pierre?" I laughed

"He's somewhere getting drunk and he was texting me the whole night to come and join him"

"And you didn't" I said silently being happy about the fact he didn't agree to the idea of getting drunk

"I got a different addiction now" He put a strand of my hair behind my ear pushing his lips against mine immediately

Oh fuck, I almost forgot how to do this..hahah. Well, I owe you all an apology, again... As some of you may know my school started in September and since then it's a whole rollercoaster of not only emotions but also stress, since I'm graduating this year. That's why I wasn't active at all, I was exhausted from every single day at school, after that I had to study till late night and on the weekends i got work so as you can see I'm kinda busy... but I promise y'all there wasn't a single day I wouldn't think about you or the story, I feel bad for not posting... trust me. So I'm really really really sorry! I will try now to post like every week at least..
However I opened wattpad after a long time seeing we're on 99k reads! Thank you so much!

Love

Adele ❤️