N ɪ ɴ ᴇ

"𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝

"𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝

The next few days Rin got ignored by her. That wasn't anything new, but he felt like their last interaction at the party was special, like old times.

The more he spent time with her the more he realized how much she had changed. Appearance was one thing , but her habits were different too.

She started smoking, which in his opinion had to have a reason behind it.

Her smile became less frequent. Of course there's her eyes that lost their spark, but maybe it was Rin's imagination that made it confusing.

"Alright everyone line we're having a practice match. Split into two teams." The coach said as they stood outside on the football feild.

"Bachira Hurry up we're about to start." Isagi said glancing at the hyper boy who was looking for something under the bleachers.

"I left my shoes in the gym!!!"

He said in a panic and was about to run to get them, when the older male's voice stopped him. "Bachira, you stay here. Rin why don't you go get it?"

Rin didn't even try to hide his disappointment as he got up and headed to the gym. Luckily the volleyball team didn't have practice at the time.

He opened the door quietly and peeked in. The universe really must hate me. He thought and sighed. If she doesn't see me we're good.

The boy tip-toed to Bachira's bag which he spotted next to the sports equipment room. He couldn't help but glance at what the girl was doing.

She was laying on the floor tossing the ball up.

He didn't expect her to still be hooked on volleyball. That's one thing that didn't change about her.

Just as he was about to grab the bag and leave her eyes darted to his figure. Her face remained the same, either bored or emotionless, oh and Bitchy.

"That part of the floor creaks."

She casually said making him mentally facepalm. Rin hummed in responce and pretended to mind his business. His mind was filled with a million thoughts.

He had so many questions he wanted to ask her. Damn it, what happened to tryna forget about her? He really couldn't do it, she'd probably haunt him in his dreams if he tried to.

He cursed under his breath and abandoned the bag. The boy walked towards her and sat down next to her laying figure.

"You skipping class or something?"

He asked with a raised brow.

"No, I don't have anything right now." She replied, still keeping the ball in the air.

"Go on a date with me."

The ball suddenly slipped from her hand as she turned her head in surprise. Rin's face turned a bright shade of red as he realized what he had said.

Fucking hell, I didn't mean to say that out loud. Way to emberrass myself. He thought and looked away while covering his mouth.

The brunette sat up and thought for a second. "Sorry but it's a no."

His heart burned at her answer. It was not a shocking one, he expected this to happen.

'What, after 2 years you come back and expect us to get back together?' That's what he thought she would say, but of course the reply he got was a lot more heartbreaking.

She refused to communicate with him, not because she hated him or anything, Just that the past had a great impact.

The events from 2 years ago really changed her way of life. It was one of the reasons she began smoking, to somehow forget about everything and just be in peace.

Rin got up without another word. He didn't want to push the subject anymore. A no was a no.

Rin layed on his bed with a headache. It was probably caused by all the overthinking that he was doing. He was conflicted.

On one hand it was best to forget about her, it was best for both of them. She could finally get peace and he could be free.

On the other hand he couldn't let her go. No matter how much he wanted her to be happy non of that mattered if he couldn't see it. The boy blamed himself for the way things turned out. The end of their relationship was the start of him realizing his ownself.

'Come find me when you find youself.'

He could finally understand what she meant by that.

Rin found himself, he got his brother's approval and achieved his dream. Yet his life was still incomplete and the only missing puzzle piece was...

Her...

No matter how much he wanted to deny it,

No matter how much he tried to hide it and forget it.

She was the one who changed his life, for better or for worse. It was his job to find that out and not give up on her.

The next day the football team was warming up in the gym. The coach told them to take a small break and exited the room. Rin sat on the bleachers chugging down his water bottle in one go.

He exhaled deeply and glanced at his teammates. "Dude have you seen the vidoes of the party?"

"Yeah Kenji got humiliated, If I were him I'd leave this place."

The boy rolled his eyes at their conversation as his gaze landed on the ongoing volleyball match. It was the second set and Mira's team was in the lead.

It was her tern to serve as she spun the ball around a few times.

The gym went silent, they all knew her serve would end the game then and there. The brunette took a deep breath and tossed it in the air.

She jumped and hit it as hard as she could.

Unfortunately her aim was off and the ball went outside the court hitting him straight in the nose. Everyone gasped as Rin's nose started bleeding badly.

He bent forward to stop the flow and held his hand to his now bruised face. His teammates stared at him with wide eyes. "A-are you alright Rin?"

Isagi hesitantly asked seeing his condition.

Mira instantly ran over to him in worry. She crouched to his level and took out some paper towels. She held it up to stop the bleeding as their eyes met.