Chapter 2: Third year assignment

Kahn's Pov

    I was just leaving the classroom when I see professor Ozpin talking to short red about her worrying about not being a good team leader. I decided to make some input after Ozpin said his peice. "She needs to learn humility." They both look at me short red with wide eyes and Ozpin wide eyed and mouth agape for some reason before quickly regaining his composure and says."She just needs time is all. It has been some time since I've last heard you speak Kahn. Well I'll be off but Kahn do please come by my office once the school day has come to a close we need to talk about your assignment and over all huntsman specialization you want to take." I give him a nod before I start head off to the library.

    I once again don't get very far before short red suddenly appears in front of me in a flurry of rose petals. She then begins to speak as fast as doctor Olbleck and says. "OHMYGOSHWHATISAWWHATYOUDIDINCLASSITWASSOCOOLHOWYOUFLIPEDTHATGRIMMANDBEATITWITHONEQUICKSLASHALSOHOWDOYOUEVENPUTONPANTSWITHTHOSECLAWS!?" I simply just look down at her and stare at her for a few seconds before responding "Very carefully and with extreme skill." She continues to look at me with wide eyes and as she was about to say something again I pointed behind her. As she turned to look at I pointed at, I rushed to a nearby window, opened it and then jumped out, opened my wings wide and glided a good distance away before she could ask me anything else.

A quick time skip brought to you by chibi Kahn eating steak covered in bacon

    I just got out of my final class for the day and some how managed to avoid short red along the way. I was waiting for the elevator to come down when I heard her voice down the hall."There you are! What was it you saw? Also what is your weapon, I didn't see you use one? Also you loom the same age as my sister but I didn't see you at initi-" She got interrupted by the ding of the elevator. I raise a finger in the air to stop her open my mouth as if I'm about to speak and then quickly rush into the elevator and press the button to take me up to Ozpin's office. She tryst to say something else before the elevators door closes but she doesn't get to.

    I'm just standing in the elevator and taping my clawed foot against the floor while waiting to arrive at the top. I finally head the ding and exit the elevator to see my mother and professor Ozpin seated and going over paperwork. I approach them and they look up at me once they hear me walk towards them. My mother looks towards me with the warm smile that I'm so used to seeing that I can't stop myself from smiling back. Ozpin starts the conversation by saying. "Ah good to see you Kahn and I'm glad to see that you are as punctual as always." I nod to him and see my mother push up her glasses before saying." Considering that fact that you are a solo team here it's time we talked about your specialization assignment so we can get your skill set ready for when you graduate next year." I nod to her and I take a seat and get ready for what I g
Feel like is going to be a very VERY long conversation.

    Once we got all the pleasantries out of the way I started the it all off by saying. "I want to get PhD in history and look more into ancient dragon ruins while developing my magic because I feel like I'm getting close to figuring something really big with it and I want to take the time get to that point. Sorry if I interrupted either of you but I'd really rather focus on these two things right now." They looked at each other slighty wide eyed before quickly looking back at me my mother is about to say something but Ozpin speaks first by saying. " What is it that you feel like you are close to discovering if you don't mind me asking?" I look at him before rubbing my chin and I think about if I should come out and say what I'm think I'm on to before shrugging my shoulders and saying it. "Two main things really but I'll just say the first one as it is more important. I think I might be able to separate all of the negativity from the grimm by using my magic. It's hard to explain but it's just...." I let out a an annoyed exhale from my nose causing miniature storm clouds out of it as I try to figure out how to word it. But before I can say anything else Ozpin says. "Really now? If this is the case then I can excuse you from al-" My mother quickly interrupts him. "OZPIN! I will not have my son miss out on all of his classes!" I see my mother glaring at him and I haven't seen her look this angry since that one time I almost ate one of stray cats outalside of the house when I was seven. Ozpin th3n corrects himself by saying. "Some of your classes so long as it isn't to often and doesn't interfere to much with your grades." I simply nod and sigh in relief that my mother's glare isn't directed towards me.

    I look at the time and get up before going to a nearby window confusing them. As I open it up I simply say. "I met the new student little red while I was waiting for the elevator. Don't want to get caught up in another long talk so I'm going to fly home. I'll see you there mom and I'll make sure to feed the cats when I do." Before I jump out the window I hear Ozpin say one last thing. "Her name is Ruby Rose."

3rd pov

   Glynda simply says after seeing her son jump out the window and fly away. "That is the most I have heard him say in both one day and a whole year." Ozpin simply drinks some of his hot chocolate from his mug before saying with a smile. "This truly will be a most interesting year."