Chapter 22: A message from the white fang

Kahn's pov

    I'm currently wandering downtown Vale while the double matches are going on because Ruby found out that she was out of cookies. I'm just leaving the bakery when I smell something out of place. I look around to try and locate where it is coming from. As soon as I locate the where the smell is coming from I start heading towards it.

    I end up following the smell into an alley way. I activate my aura to cover the areas I need it to as I keep following the smell. The alley way opens up into a really out of place cul-de-sac that is boxed in by buildings in a way that makes it so the alley here looks to be the only way in or out. I look around the cul-de-sac I can tell that I'm being watched. I notice on the side of one of the walls is the signature symbol of the white fang.

    The smell that I followed here spreads out making it hard to tell where the source of it is. On instinct I look up and see a female faunus sitting on the edge of one of the buildings. Her features being a pair of bat ears on her head. She bites her left thumb causing it to bleed. She smears her blood on a stamp and then puts it on a letter that she is holding. The letter than disappears in a cloud of smoke.

    She turns and looks down at me. Or at least I assume she does since she is wearing a white fang mask. She jumps down from the edge of the building doing a front flip on her way down. As she lands on her feet she goes to reach for something behind her. I get into a fighting stance only to see that she pulls out a letter and holds it out to me.

????: The high leader of the white fang wishes for you to have this.

    Her voice is deep but still very feminine. Now that she is closer to me I can see that she has short brown hair going down to her neck. It is slightly messy. She is wearing black male formal clothes. She also has an assortment of pouch on her. From what I can see the only thing on her that looks like it could be used as a weapon is a ink quill being held in place by her left bat ear. She is just a few inches shorter than me.

    I take the letter from her. As soon as the letter is in my hands she spreads abit more blood on another stamp before putting it on her self and disappearing in a puff of smoke like what happened to the letter earlier. Well that just happened. I turn around and head back into the alley way so I can get to a better place to take off from to fly back to beacon. As I'm leaving I put the letter in my satchel I'll read it when I can later.

A small time skip brought to you by chibi Ruby explaining how to play video games to chibi Kahn while sitting on his lap

Kahn's pov

    I'm back at beacon and on my way to team RWBY's dorm when I see two atleasian robots standing outside their door. When I get to the door they step infront of it stopping me from trying to enter. While I have no idea why they are here I'm not really in the mood to comply with whatever their intention in stopping me entering is. I put a hand on each of them and before they can stop me I send a strong enough voltage of electricity to make them short circuit.

    I enter the door to see that the general is here and talking the team. From the tone of his voice and from the look on their faces something bad must have happened. Now that I think about it I could use this letter I got earlier to get some information from the general. So I do the first thing that comes to mind. I walk up behind the general, grab him, pick him up so that he is over my head and carry him out of the room. Before I fully leave the room I stick my head back in.

Kahn: I'm going to borrow him for a bit.

    I ignore whatever the general is saying to me as I carry him to an empty classroom. I pull out a chair with my foot and then sit him down on it. Before he can stand up I pull out the letter I got and show him the white fang symbol on it which makes him stop from getting up. His expression changes from that of annoyance to seriousness very quickly.

Kahn: I was going shopping in Vale when I smelt a scent that stood out from the usual smells of Vale. I followed it to a alley way that led to a weird cul-de-sac where I met a bat faunus that is a white fang member. She told me that the high leader of the white fang wishes for me to have this. She then spread ber blood on a stamp, put said stamp on herself and then vanished into a cloud of smoke.

Ironwood: Alright give it here then.

    Before he can take it from me I hold it up and out of his reach.

Kahn: I want something in return.

    His eyes narrow when I say that.

Kahn: I have two conditions that you have to accept if you want whatever information this letter has.

Ironwood: I'm surprised you didn't go to Ozpin with this. Why me?

Kahn: Simple. We both know that he is hiding something and if I were to take it to him he would just tell me the tiniest bit of information relating to what i want to know. As it stands I've lost all trust in him. The moment Qrow, who I know for a fact works for him, stopped Qorvid from saying who Salem is I knew that he would only do that if Ozpin told him to. I've lived at this school for my entire life. It would be hard not to know that. While I don't like you mostly because you keep trying to get close to my mom. I am doing this as a sign of trust. If you accept my conditions then I will be more willing to trust you and lend you my help if I ever go to Atlas.

    He rubs his chin and looks to be deep in thought. I can only assume that he is weighing his options.

Ironwood: What are your conditions?

Kahn: Firstly I want you to stop trying to get close to my mom. That is the easy one the major one is that if I ever go to Atlas I want diplomatic immunity.

Ironwood: Do you realize how hard that would be to do?

Kahn: I mean it shouldn't be that hard for you to stop trying to get close to my mom. It's starting to get real creepy with the sheer amount of attempts you've made.

Ironwood: Not that I meant the diplomatic immunity.

Kahn: I know I was trying to be funny.

Ironwood: I can agree to the first one but the second one would take some time and even then there is no way I can guarantee that it will happen. It would require the whole atleasian council to agree.

Kahn: So long as you try than I can give you this.

Ironwood: Deal.

    I nod and hand him the letter. He opens it up and begins to read it. His eyes widen part way through reading it.

Ironwood: It would seem that a certain leader in the white fang is going against the high leader's orders and is planning to attack Vale during the tournament. I will uphold my end of the agreement. Thank you for putting your trust in me.

    He holds out his hand to me and I take it and we shake hands. He then holds the letter to me and I take it back.

Ironwood: It has the names of the white fang members involved in this. It would seem the high leader wanted you to deal with theses members yourself. You should give it a read. It has some information that involves where your father comes from.

    With that be leaves the classroom. I begin to read the letter and half way through it I find out that my father comes from Menagerie, not only that but I have a grandfather that is alive there.