Chapter 26: Bandit troubles

Kahn's pov

    It has been another month now and I think that I'm about half way across Mistral now. I ended up doing odd jobs around any villages that I had come across earning me a nice amount of lien. Wish I had my scroll so I could access my bank account, it would make traveling so much easier. I'll have to get a new one at some point when I get a good chance to. I had just finished taking care of a grimm problem near the village called Shion.

    The villagers were wary at first because of my draconic nature but when I offered to do some odd jobs they opened up to me real quick. Seems they've had dragon problems in the past. From what I have heard from other villages nearby apparently there Mistral has issues with the Greyscale dragons that like to just kill livestock or people for fun. They make for a re lousy excuse of a dragon. If I catch sight of a Greyscale I better stay on guard though considering what they are capable of.

    I enter the town of Shion and see some of the locals wave to me as I enter. I nod to them while I head to the tavern to get my payment. As soon as I enter I get the feeling that I'm being watched by some sort of predator sizing me up as if I'm prey. I ignore the urge to look towards whoever is looking at me and get to the tavern keep at the front table. I notice that it is oddly quiet in here, the usual sound of villagers talking about their day is subdued to whispers.

    I put the bounty paper down on the front qounter as the tavern keep places down a small sack of lien for me. We nod to each other and I put the sack of lien in my satchel. As I make my way to leave I see a raven sitting outside on the nearby windowsill. It's red eyes stare right into my green eyes. Almost as if it expects me to do something. The weirdest thing about it is that I see a weird shimmering light coming from its eyes. It sqwuaks and then flys off. I feel compelled to follow it. I want to go after it immediately but I stop myself. I still have a few more things to do here.

    I head to the local blacksmith to see if what I ordered was finished. As I approach I hear the sound of hammering against metal. I look to see a middle aged man with long hair and a big bushy beard hammering a sword. He doesn't even look up when I approach he just some how knew I was there even though I was being quite.

Andre: Ah, there ye are. I see ye've returned from yer hunt. Good timing to. I just finished what the project ye asked me to work on.

    He pulls out twin daggers from a box near him. The blades were made from my broken horn, sharpened to a razor sharp edge making it as dangerous as my claws. The hilt of the daggers had a curved guard that covers the hand and goes down to the bottom of the hilt. It also had small little spikes on the guard so that I can punch as well as stab.

Andre: Took some time to make em as fine as that but I'd have ta say it is one of my finest works yet.

Kahn: Thank you for doing this for me.

Andre: Nary an issue lad. Prithe be careful on your journey.

    I nod to him and attach the sheaths for my daggers onto my belt. I then grab the daggers and put them in their sheaths. I head go back to the tavern and head up to the room I was staying in and grab the travel backpack I had got two weeks ago. I had to get it custom made so it didn't get in the way of my wings but it was well worth it since I can now carry all the supplies I need to travel on my own. I put on the backpack and start heading out. As I exit the tavern I take one last look around at Shion village before nodding to myself. Time to get back to my hunt.

    I wave goodbye to some of the villagers as I head out. I pull out a new map and compass I had got at the last village I was at. Alright looks like the fastest way to my destination is to cut through bandit territory. As I look up from my map I see the same raven from earlier perched on a branch of a tree. It just stares at me with the exact same stare from earlier. As I put away my map and compass I head off in the direction towards bandit territory.

Timeskip brought to you by Kahn fishing with his bare hands in a stream

Kahn's pov

    It has been a week since I left Shion now. Not a single bandit in site which is concerning but not anywhere near as concerning as that raven that has been following me on and off since I left Shion. I'm feeling really on edge because I have no idea how it always manages to find me again after it flys off. I hear a twig snap and someone quietly curse. Looks like it's time to crack some skulls. Not taking any chances I activate my aura where I need it and slowly approach where I heard the twig snap from. I peer around a tree and see several people dressed in roughed up clothing with bits of armor on them here and there. There weapons look poorly maintained I can see that one of them has a broadsword with a whole lot of chiping along the blade.

Kahn: You know for people trying to keep your presence hidden your really bad at it.

Bandit1: Great fucking going Greg you let him know we're here. We'll here is how things are going to play out reptile. You wil-

    I give him no time to finish what he was saying as I rush him. I upper cut him qnd hear a loud crack, I think I just broke his jaw. I turn around to the one who I now know is named Greg and bring an axe kick down on his head faster than he could react and he goes out cold. So these bandits don't have aura good to know. I hear a gunshot and feel a round bounce off my aura. I look at the guy that just shot me and rush him. He fires of more rounds from his firearm but misses every shot. I grab him by the back of his head and slam his face into my knee. Jeez the white fang has higher standards than these lot, they at least had their aura activated while these bandits don't.

    As I finish up with the last one I whip my head around as soon as I hear the flapping of wings. I look to see that same raven is back. It just watches me. I hear the crackle of thunder and feel a bolt of lightning hit me. I look up at the sky confused as there are no clouds in the sky I'm not going to look this gift horse in the mouth. As I start to walk away I hear another bolt and feel it hit me, at this point I can really feel the boost from them. I just walk away and continue on my way to where I am headed.

    As I exit the woods I see another group of bandits standing there waiting for me. They just look at me as if I should be dead or something. I crack my neck and start to breath in deeply. They start to charge at me while I continue to breath in. As soon as they are within range of attacking me I let out an earshatteringly loud draconic roar. I watch as they drop their weapons and cover their ears. Ha that'll teach them to mess with a dragon. I just walk past them while they recover from my roar. I feel some killing intent come from behind me and I look to see a tall woman with black hair, red eyes qnd clothes to match. She crosses her arms as she looks at me. I just walk backwards and flip her off as I make my way out of bandit territory. Next stop Mistral city.