Chapter 5: To help find a friend

Kahn's pov

    Ah the weekend usually I would be spending it either training, or reading but not this time. This time I'm helping Coco with shopping because I lost to Yatsuhashi in a game of cards. We would normally take turns with who would help her but since I've been dragged around by Ruby a fair bit lately I haven't had the time to do what I would normally so we made the bet with a game of cards.

We were just leaving the third clothing store In the downtown of Vale when Coco suddenly spoke up.

Coco: Alright that's it.

    I looked around the pile of bags filled with the clothes she had bought. I even had bags hanging off of my wings. I wanted to ask her if we were done going clothes shopping but the last time I did that she gave me a look that rivaled my mother's when she gets angry.

Coco: We need to get you something to cover your claws to stop the clacking of them whenever you walk.

    The last time I heard that being said about my claws I had to spend an entire day trying to get them clipped down. Turns out dragon bones are extremely hard to break. Nothing was working and everything we tried to use to trim them down broke instantly so nothing else was done about it.

Kahn: Can't trim them nothing is strong enough to cut through them.

    Coco turned to look at me with a raised brow. She then put a hand to her chin and looked to be in deep thought. I then see her begin to smile rather sinisterly which made a shiver go up my spine.

Coco: I have an idea that will work.

    She then began to lead me somewhere. I started to smell fish so either her plan was to make me so fat from eating fish that I had to fly everywhere we go or to see if I could swim. We eventually stopped and an odd store at the docks called "Things for whatever you need" odd name and not what I expected. As we enter the store I see team RWBY walking past us. I'm real glad that Ruby didn't spot me because if she did I would be caught up with her asking me questions.

Coco: Kahn come on hurry your scaly but up and get in here.

    I enter the store while making sure not to drop any of the bags I'm holding. I start to look around the store while Coco talks to the person at the cash register. As I look around I see what the store sells and to say the least it lives up to its name. I see books, boardgames, clothes, pre packed sandwiches, medicine, toys of various types from kid's toys to stuff called adult toys? I don't understand what an adult toy is so I continue to look around and then I see that there is a faunus section. I see an even bigger variety of thing such as hoof warmers, claw timing kits, various types of ear and tail warmers, clothes made for faunus' that have tails and more. My attention get drawn back to Coco as I hear her come up to me.

Coco alright I have what should solve that annoying clacking your claws make.

    She holds up what looks to be small rubber balls with holes in them. I just stare at her confused.

Coco: There is a stool over by the shoe section go sit down and hold out your legs.

    I go and do what she says since I don't want to here her give me another talk about how you should always listen to a lady when she asks you to do something unless they're.... I can't remember there word she used for it. Once I sit down I raise my legs and look around the bags that I am still having to hold while I comply with her. She then puts the rubber balls on my claws and has me stand up.

Coco: well are you just going to stand there and look handsome or are you going to walk around and see if my plan worked?

    Not wanting to deal with an angry Coco I start to walk around there is no clacking to be heard. While it does work I feel like I now understand how that cats at home feel when my mom puts those foot warmers on them during winter. I really don't like how this feels when I walk around.

Coco: Alright that should do it lets head back to Beacon.

    We exit the store with Coco leading the way and as soon as we exit we encounter team RWBY with two of there members having an argument about the faunus' and the white fang. I decide to interrupt them by giving my own quick opinion.

Kahn: The white fang were once a group to be respected for their actions but now have almost entirely become the same thing that they protested against. They are now no better then those slave drivers in Atlas. As for the faunus people as a whole they aren't all bad I mean look at Velvet she attends the same school as us, has human friends that she trusts and can rely on and not only that she isn't part of the white fang. If you two are still having this argument by the time you get back to beacon I'm going to drag you both to my moth- professor Goodwitch and let her give you a talking to.

    With that said I head to the bullheads with Coco. She turns to look at me with a smirk.

Coco: Glad to see that can say more then a sentence at a time there Kahn.

    She doesn't lose her smirk as she then slaps my but. I just glare at her for that knowing that no matter what I say she will do it again and again.

Small time skip brought to you by chibi Kahn and Yatsuhashi playing cards while Chibi Fox makes sure no one else cheats

    I was heading to team RWBY's dorm having dropped off all of Coco's clothes at her team's dorm. As I was going to knock on the door it suddenly opens and Blake bumps into me and mumbles and apology. I enter the dorm and look at Weiss before charging up to her and saying.

Kahn: What did you do.

    I said the far more angrily then I meant to because I see that she looks absolutely terrified. She begins to speak incoherently as she tries to say something but is to afraid of me to say so. I go to grab her so I can drag her to my mother when I hear Ruby speak up.

Ruby: She and Blake didn't stop arguing and thing got more heated. Blake admitted to being a faunus and then ran away.

    I pull my hand away from Weiss and pinch the bridge of my nose. I let out a sigh before making my decision and saying.

Kahn: I will go find her. Weiss you will go and tell professor Goodwitch where I'm going. Ruby since you are her team leader you will make sure she does so and you will also especially make sure she tells the professor the whole reason this happened. Now then I have to go solve the problem little miss stuck up, ignorant, racist caused.

    I speed walk out of the dorm before slamming their door shut and I begin to smell the air to track where Blake went.

Ruby pov

    Ruby: Sooooo I'm not the only that was surprised we didn't hear him come into our dorm right?

    I'm met with a nod from Yang and silence from Weiss so I look over to see that she is sitting on the floor with a look on her face as if she almost died. Welp time to be the bestest team leader I am and bring Weiss back to her senses before taking her to see professor Goodwitch. Ah fooey I just remembered that I didn't get any cookies while we were out in town.

Author's note

    I'm changing how I'm writing this stor6 a little bit because I didn't really lime how I was doing it before. Also as I said... well typed before please let me know if there is anything I should do to improve how I write the story.