V2 part 3: Cooking with Kahn

Kahn's pov

    I'm currently at the student lounge with a bunch of ingredients. Teams RWBY and JNPR are sitting at a nearby table talking and playing games while I prep to cook. Ruby let slip that I was going to cook to Nora and now her team is here and I have to use more ingredients.

    I start by cutting a generous amount of green and white onions a bit more than I'll probably need. I move them to two separate small bowls. Next I grab a big pot and fill it with water and get it ready to boil. I quickly peel, rinse and cut up a bunch of carrots into small pieces and slide them I to another bowl. Next I do the same with some green peppers. I pour some beef broth into the water once it get close to boiling. I then add in garlic, salt, plenty of pepper and just the right amount of ginger. I now pull out two big hunks of beef out of a nearby cooler. Still frozen? Perfect. I toss them into the air and use my magic to hold them in place and then use my semblance to fire multiple small bolts of lightning at them to quickly defrost them. At this point I hear the water boil so I add in the rest of the stuff in and start to stir it all together. After mixing it for at least two minutes I turn down the burners heat and put a lid on the pot. I turn my focus back to the beef and deactivate my magic that was holding them in place. I grab them as they fall and then put them on a plate. I grab a pre made rub that I had prepared the day before which just so happened to be the after I went with Ruby and Yang to their home to celebrate their mother's retirement. I open the container with the rub in it and start to apply to the beef. Once I've used the entirety of the rub, I activate aura on my left pointer finger to poke both things of beef so I don't get the rub on my hands and to see if it is fully thawed. Good it is. I then put them into the stove on a tray to finish cooking. I set a timer to let me know when there done and head to an open spot at the table.

    When I sit down I notice everyone had stopped what they were doing and were all looking at me with wide eyes.

Kahn: What?

Nora: What do you mean what? How did you get the beef to stay in the air? Isn't your semblance supposed to be like mine but more dragony? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS DRAGON MAN! TEEEEEEEEELLLL MEEEEEEEEEE!

    She was standing on her chair when she shouted that. Ren put a hand on her shoulder and gets her to sit back down.

Kahn: Magic.

Weiss: You can't possibly expect us to bel-

Ruby: Ooh ooh! What else can you do? Can you make giant explosions? Or or can you summon demons? Can you make infinite cookies? Or a pocket dimension to put stuff in?

    I just look at Ruby and blink a few times. I'm surprised she didn't say that all at once really fast. Although that last idea does sound like something I could maybe do.

Kahn: I could cause a giant explosion with magic if I aim at something considered explosive and fire a lightning bolt at it. Although that pocket dimension idea does sound like it would come in handy. But what my specialty in magic is weather oriented. Remember that storm that happened at the docks?

    I get nods from all of them which makes sense because the weather forecast had called for it to be clear and sunny all day long as well as stay clear throughout the night.

Kahn: That was me. I used my magic to create that storm so I could get struck by lightning so I could get a big enough boost to toss that shipping crate off me. Also so it could relocate my arm since it got dislocated when it fell on me.

Nora: Teach me! Teach me! Teach me!

Kahn: Can't your not a dragon and my magic is dragon magic not human or beast magic. Honestly the only person out of all of you hear that could is Jaune and even that is a stretch.

    Everyone looks both surprised and confused by what I said. Ren rubs his chin before speaking up.

Ren: Why only Jaune though?

Kahn: Well he smells sort of like a dragon which I don't know why I know what that smells like but I do. I can only guess that one of his ancestors was a dragon. Besides when I saw his sword and shield for the first time I had the feeling that the sword could easily cut me in half but when he faced Cardin awhile back I was surprised that it didn't. On the other hand I can tell that his shield was made from scales of a dragon though what scale type it was I don't know.

    Both teams looked like they just got floored by what I say. I look to see that Jaune was wide eyed and looking at his hands.

Jaune: One of my ancestors might have been a dragon? Kahn. Do you think you could see if I can learn any magic.

Kahn: On a night you aren't scheduled to train with me or Pyrrha sure.

    Ren seems lost in thought for a moment before speaking up again.

Ren: What did you mean that you were surprised that it didn't cut Cardin in half?

    This gets nods from everyone at the table.

Kahn: Well it's simple really dragon bones ignore aura. That's why I had special covers on my claws at the dance. If I had accidentally stepped on Ruby's while not wearing them she would have lost her toes or been seriously injured.

    I hear someone gulp and look over to see that it was Ruby. As someone else was about to speak I hear the stove go off letting me know the beef was done cooking. I go over and pull out the beef using aura to protect my hands so they don't burn.

Kahn: Alright everybody grab a plate and line up, because food is served. Also feel free to get seconds because it will be your own fault if you go hungry.

    I quickly cut the beef into acceptable portions before I grab myself a plate and head to the back of the line. Now that I think about I'm surprised that they didn't know I had magic weird. Well that's a question to look into later. For now though FOOD!