Chapter 7: The Copperscale bears his fangs

Roman's pov

    Things were going great up till now. Got some animals to do most of the dirty work for me, managed to fire back a witty quip at Cinder that she had no retort to, Neo managed to trick some rich schmuck to give her all his money and finally I got to at least squash one of these annoying brats under a shipping crate because he decided to play hero and save the other two. Or at least SO I THOUGHT HE GOT CRUSHED TO DEATH! Now it's practically a tropical rain storm and he is stand up again grinning.... wait where did he ju-

Kahn's pov

    I'm hurtling towards Roman now at a break neck speed. As I approach him I fire off another bolt of lightning but with less power using my semblance. I manage to stop right in front of him and go for a right hook he manages to just barely duck as he get up I fire a bolt from my right fist to quickly bring it back around. I hit him hard in the face with my elbow staggering him. As he stumbles I punch him in the gut with my left fist, follow it up with a another right hook to his face he stumbles back a bit more I give him a second to recover and he speaks up.

Roman: Jeez kid what are they feeding you to make you hit so hard? Lead? Iron?

    He points his cane at me and I see the end of it open up as he fires a round at me making me frown. I was going to let the round bounce off my aura but as soon as his cane opened up I smelt dust so I dug my claws into the ground and fire a quick bolt of lightning at the shot. They collide causing a small explosion. I use the smoke cloud as cover and rush through it to get back into melee range only to notice that he some how got onto a bullhead while I then also noticed some orange haired girl flinging swords around at some other bullheads that I hadn't noticed until now.

    Not wanting to let Roman get away I run to the edge of the dock, jump and start flaping my wings and start flying after the bullhead he is in. It starts to get further ahead so I channel my semblance to my hands and fire a consistent beam of lightning from them to catch up. I begin to smile again as I close in fast. I get ready to grab hold onto it with my clawed feet.

Roman's pov

    I was just bringing a freshly lit cigar to my mouth when something suddenly hits the bullhead. I look to Neo who is in the pilot seat and she looks back at me with the expression on her face practically saying "What? I'm flying us you go see what it is." I let out a sigh.

Roman: Come on don't sass me right now. Don't forget who pays for all the ice cream you get.

    She pouts at me and sticks out her tongue. I go to the left side of the bullhead as I'm about to open it, it gets thrown open and I see the upside down face of the person I got on here to get away from.

Kahn's pov

Roman: Well hey there scale face I'm going to have to kindly ask that you get off my bullhead before I get my assistant to remove you from it.

Kahn: Hmmm no.

Roman: No? Okay have it yo-

    I punch him in the face before he can keep talking and climb into the bullhead I'm about to punch him again when I suddenly see something colorful come rushing at me. I side steps and avoid just avoiding being stabed. I watch as Roman rushes to the pilot seat before changing my attention to focus on the short girl that smells like.... ice cream?

Kahn: Why do you smell like ice cream? Why do I know what ice cream smells like?

    She raise one of her eye brows and sticks her tongue out at me. I go to punch her but she shatters and I feel a slash at my back I turn to grab her but she shatters again. So I do a round house kick and feel my claws hit something and see her appear wide eyed as her umbrella was cut into pieces from my claws so I grin.

Kahn: Little fact about full blooded dragons. Our claws ignore aura as if it were butter.

    She stomp her foot and points at her now broken umbrella.

Kahn: What?

    She just pouts at me and keeps pointing. Is she really doing this right now? In the middle of our fight?

Kahn: We are fighting right now. Things like this happen in fights. Grow up. Or maybe just grown in general.

Roman: You just pressed to height button shouldn't of done that.

Kahn: What? Wh-

    I then suddenly feel myself get shove out of the bullhead head and land in water. Turned out Roman decided to fly low. I look up and see Neo look out the side of the bullhead flip me off and then blow me a kiss as she shows that she has some lien in her other hand. I grab at my pocket only to feel that it was empty.

Kahn: At least I left my wallet at home.

    I begin to swim back to the docks and use a bit more of my draconic magic to cancel the storm I made.

Short time brought to you by chibi Kahn catching a giant tuna while swimming back

    Ruby's pov

    Blake and Weiss finished making up when professor Goodwitch suddenly shows up and looks to us. She doesn't look happy.

Goodwitch: Do you know how much trouble you are all in?

    We all look back and forth between each other and shake our heads. I'm about to ask how much and how many cookies it might take to get us out of trouble when we suddenly hear a splash. We all look to see Kahn climb up out of the water with a giant tuna fish almost as long as he is tall.

Kahn: Almost caught Roman but he had help. But on the bright side I caught me and my mom dinner. I hi mom when did you get here also look I caught the fish you wanted awhile back.

    I look back at professor Goodwitch only to see her look dumbfounded.

Kahn: Let's head home I'm hungry and if we don't hurry I'll have to use my semblance to cook it and I rather I have some spices on it.

Goodwitch: Kahn your supposed to call me professor infront of students.

Kahn: Only at school now come on fish cooking time.

Goodwitch: Kahn do you know how much trouble your all in?

Kahn: So you don't want the fish that would normally cost you a full month's worth of pay then?

    I watched as professor Goodwitch's expression changes as she tries to say something before she suddenly sighs.

Goodwitch: I'll let you all off THIS TIME. But next time don't expect me to go so easy on all of you.

    I heard my team let out a collective sigh of relief and I run up and climb onto Kahn's shoulders.

Ruby: Last one back to beacon has to pay for dust next time we need it.

    I give Kahn a conspiratorial look hoping he will play along. He looked at me confused for a second before having a massive smile his face.

Kahn: Dust I don't have to pay for? I'm in!

    He runs and take off flying as I hold onto him and hear my team shout at me as I get a free flight back to beacon.