Chapter 13: A talk with Ozpin and an invitation

Kahn's pov

    It took a few days but I'm finally feeling better. I'm heading to Ozpin's office because I want to ask him if I can participate in the tournament. I hadn't participated the previous years being that I wasn't really aloud to leave Vale. But since the tournament is being held here this year I want to get involved.

    As I am waiting for the elevator I look out a window and see atleasian ships. Great private tin stick is probably here to try and get close to my mom again. He really is annoyingly persistent about it. I hear the elevator ding and I watch as tin stick walks out.

Ironwood: Ah Kahn good to see you and in good health.

    I simply shrug and walk onto the elevator and press the button for it to go up.

Ironwood: I was wondering if you wouldn't mind coming to meet some of my students in a few days.

    He says that with a smile that clearly doesn't reach his eyes. I'm starting to rapidly press the button to close the elevator doors.

Kahn: Sorry to say but my schedule is absolutely booked. No time to visit students from other schools.

    At this point the elevator doors finally start to close. As they are he is about to put his and in the way to stop it. Seeing this press the button even faster. I really am not in the mood to deal with him and his ulterior motives or as mom put it "The general being jealous that she didn't marry him and instead fell in love with some random unknown dragon, proceeded to marry said unknown dragon and then had a child with the unknown dragon." I remember when mom slapped him when he insulted whoever my father was. That was the first time I ever laughed solely because the expression on his face was absolutely hilarious to the point mom slapped him several more times just to here me laugh more I think. Good times. The elevator doors close just fast enough so that he can't stop them.

    Right now that the elevator is going up I've got to figure out how I'm going to make this argument. While I could try and get my mom to help I don't think she will with this. Right guess I'll just make my opinion on this clear and force his arm on it.

    I feel the elevator come to a stop and ding. I exit the elevator and see professor Ozpin pinching the bridge of his nose. Doing paperwork and not looking up.

Professor Ozpin: James I don't care what you are going to say or what point you try to make but I won't let you have him. He is to important for you to take.

Well now I'm glad that I have those rubber balls on my claws because this sounds interesting. But on the other hand it seems like a private matter so I shouldn't press for information.

Kahn: I'm not the general.

    He looks up genuinely surprised to see me. He puts down his pen and brings his hands together.

Professor Ozpin: I see that now. Sorry about that Kahn I had thought that you were the general about to try and argue with me about a topic which the point of is set in stone.

Kahn: No problem. Though I am here to ask something.

    He takes a drink of hot chocolate from his mug before responding.

Professor Ozpin: Hm now what would that be? You don't normally come to me to ask something and now that I think about it this is probably only the second time that you have.

    I nod remembering what I asked this first time. The first time was when I asked to enter beacon early. I was glad that he did while mom was more than a little ticked off that he would just let me enter at the start of the school year. I did still have to do the test though but I breezed right through it since I could fly back then as well.