Chapter 21: A fight between rivals

Kahn's pov

    I'm currently in the prep room of the arena. I can feel my blood pumping. I can't get this smile off my face because today I get to Winter. I've got my combat gear on. I check my satchel to make sure I have everything I'll need. Good I have a four lightning dust crystals, two fire, one gravity and one ice. I'm going to have to make these count. I hear the buzzer go former to enter the arena.

    As I enter I can hear professor Port and Dr.Obleck announcing what is about to happen.

Dr.Obleck: Today's first match is an interesting one as it will be a exhibition match between beacon's local dragon Kahn Alexander Copperscale Goodwitch! Facing off against an Atlas specialist, Winter Schnee! Now you may be thinking that this is an unfair match since it is a student against a fully trained huntress but fret not because they have fought before and it ended in a tie so be ready to see what these two can do.

    I can't help but chuckle as I hear Dr.Obleck not even give professor Port a chance to even speak. As I enter the ring I see Winter on the other side. I nod to her and she nods back. I'm not paying attention to what environment of the arena is going to be as I get into my fighting stance. I don't take my eyes off her for even a second. I feel the ground shift into sand as I see from my peripheral vision that the area around Winter becomes a snowy tundra.

    As soon as the sound signifying the fight has started I launch into the air using my semblance. I start to fly towards her and as I'm headed straight at her she summons a large nevermore. Since I'm a good bit above it I dive bomb aiming to impale its face with my clawed feet. As soon as it looks like it is about to dodge I fire a bolt of lightning behind giving me the momentum I need to impale it. As I come crashing down I use its body as a cushion before it can completely disappear.

    A crater is forked in the shape of a nevermore. I smell the air and find the scent of her perfume behind me. I don't bother to activate my aura as I feel her rapier scrape harmlessly against the scales on my back. I ready a punch and fire a lightning bolt from my elbow to spin me around faster. She just barely dodges the punch which just makes my smile even bigger. I activate my aura around the parts of my body that doesn't have scales. I couldn't do that when we first fought so I practiced nearly nonstop to improve my aura control to the point that I can do this. It's a waste to cover my scales, horns and claws with aura since the only thing that really break through them is a weapon made of dragon bones, or if there was enough force applied to them.

    I'm going to deliver a kick at her when she uses a time dilation glyph to slow me down. I can only watch as she summons a beringal while I'm slowed down, not only that but she applies fire dust to it making it a flaming beringal. She didn't do that last time. I decide now would be the time to see if my magic is also slowed down. I try to see if I can send a magic lightning bolt to the sky. It fires off immediately so striking while the iron is hot I make a storm come around.

    I vaguely hear Dr.Obleck say something about this being a part of my semblance I think? Whatever I should stay focused. Winter's flaming beringal is winding up to hit me while she starts to go up into the air with her glyps. As I'm about to get hit by the beringal I get struck by a lightning bolt from the storm I made. As soon as my boost happens I grab the beringals fist as it reaches me. I lift it into the air and then slam it into the ground over and over and over again. As it begins to dissipate I throw it at Winter to obscure her vision of my as much as possible. I grab the gravity dust crystal from my satchel before launching into the air to get to her.

    Turns out she expected that as a new nevermore is coming at me but this time it is imbued with ice dust as it is firing its feathers at me that are covered in ice. I aim my hand at the incoming feathers and blast them with a magical lightning bolt. I send my self hurtling towards the nevermore with another magic lightning bolt. As I reach it it opens it beak and I shove the gravity dust in my hand down its throat and then send aura through its body to activate it. The icy nevermore is sent flying to the ground and I continue my flight in pursuit of Winter.

    She took the time that I was distracted by the nevermore to get further away. I see that she is about to use another time dilation glyph on me to slow me down. So I decide to do something risky. I use all of my magic reserves including what I got from my boost to launch myself right at her as fast as possible. I hear a loud bang noise that I'm honestly not to sure what it was but oh well. I collide with her as I sent myself flying at her far faster than I honestly expected to.

    I fold my wings back to make us descend downwards. As we go crashing towards the ground I begin to send punches and kicks at her while she stays at me with her weapon. We begin to really chip away at each other's aura on our way down. She then kicks me in between the legs with causes me to raise one of my eyebrows.

Kahn: Sorry to say but I'm all dragon from the waist down meaning what is external for the majority of men on Remnant are internal for me.

    She just looks confused for a moment before grabbing me by my shoulders and uses one of her glyphs to spin me around. Before I could even attempt to spin us back around we hit the ground. As we hit the ground she points her weapon at my throat. Just after she did that the buzzer goes off. I look to see that my aura had entered the red and that her was just barely away from being red. Despite losing I'm still smiling as this was a great fight. She sheaths her rapier and holds out a hand to me. I grab her hand as she helps me to stand up.

Kahn: You've really improved from last time. I'm going to have to kick my training up a notch if I want to beat you next time we fight.

Winter: It was close and don't sell your self short, you stoped me before i could summon to many grimm.What you said caught me off guard I was just lucky I noticed how close we were to the ground before you did otherwise it would have been your win.

    We just grin at each other and shake hands. I hear professor Port say something not really sure what but it made the crowd go wild. We head back to our respective prep rooms. I really hope that I'm not going to have to wait another two years for our next fight.

So quick author's note. This is the first proper fight scene I have written. I would really like some input on it, as in if it was good or not and if there is some way to improve on it. Also what are your opinions on Qorvid? I originally didn't have any thought about writing her until I was writing the chapter she appeared in. Same thing applies to the discovery about her being Qrow's daughter. I was just writing and then thought fuck it why not. Her name was also an on the spot thing since if I remember correctly corvid is another way of saying crow so like with Qrow's name having a q instead of a c I just applied that logic to Qorvid's name. Any ways that is all I wanted to say. Alright have a good day/night or whatever time it is for you. And sorry for the inconvenience of this author's note.