Chapter 19: This just got awkward

Kahn's pov

    Weiss currently has both me and Ruby following her. Weiss seems far happier than usual. The only problem that I really have with her right now is that she put more perfume than usual, which is a big problem for my nose.

    I was tuning everything she was saying until she mentioned her sister. Ah shit Winter is going to be here. The last time I saw her was when I was in the first year when the general brought her along. With permission from Ozpin, she decided to see how the beacon students were doing in terms of skill. While I did enjoy our fight I'm not sure if she did since it ended in a draw. I mean I get if she was angry I mean with her being a specialist and me being a fifteen year old first year would sort of be embarrassing but she did beat all of the fourth years.

Kahn: So we are meeting up with Winter right? Unless you have a different older sister?

Weiss: Yes we are meeting up with Winter! OH I can't wait!

    I look at Ruby and she seems confused that I know who Winter is. I just shrug. I start to hear mechanical movement and see Winter coming over with some robotic punching bags. As Weiss is introducing us she cuts Weiss off before she can say my name. Winter looks at me and I can see the challenge to fight in her eyes.

Winter: Kahn. If I remember correctly it has been two years since we last met.

Kahn: It has though from the look in your eye I can see your looking to have a rematch. Can't lie I do to I want to see if I can change that tie we had to a win for me.

Weiss: Wait. You two have met? Not only that but you had a fight that ended in a DRAW!?!

    I just nod and see Winter look at me with a smirk on her face. I return her smirk with a toothy grin of my own. Oh this is going to be a good fight when it happens. I can just feel my blood pumping.

Kahn: We could probably ask Ozpin and the general if it would be Ok for us to do an exhibition match. Just as a show of friendly competition and skill. I've genuinely been itching for a good fight and the fourth years here can't keep up while the third, second and first years haven't reach the right skill level to allow to go all out in a fight. No offense Ruby.

Ruby: Since you apologized I will let it slide if you get me cookies later today.

Kahn: Deal!

Weiss: Hey rude! Why are you only apologizing to Ruby?

Kahn: Simple really. Until you can summon and hone your semblance use to the point Winter has I can easily beat you with three hits.

    Weiss just holds a hand against her chest looking offended. Ruby just giggles at Weiss' expression and Winter simply shrugs.

Winter: Sorry Weiss but after that fight of yours I saw I have to agree with Kahn. The fight me and him had was fast paced. I had to keep summoning grimm just to slow down his approach and when he got close I had to rely on my several years of experience in fighting just to a avoid some of his blows. Though he did get through my defense more often then I would have likes.

Kahn: More often than you would have liked? I only managed to hit your four times. Four times! Besides you had me on edge the entire time. The way I see it our match only ended in a draw because I just barely managed to wrap my claws around your neck at the same time you got your rapier pointed right where you could peirce my heart.

    I hold out a hand to her and grabs it and gives it a good shake.

Kahn/Winter: let's have a good fight/ May the best hunter win.

    We nod to each other and let go of each other's hand. She then start to focus on talking to Weiss. I nudge Ruby and point for us to leave the two be. She gives me a nod and we walk away.

Ruby: Soooooo how do you think of Winter?

    I feel a shiver go down my spine as I get the feeling that I am about to step on a landmine if I say the wrong thing.

Kahn: I see her as my rival. When I fought her it was like when I fought your father Mr.Xiao Long. Except she isn't a teacher. We both figured out where the other's weaknesses were in their perspective fighting style and pointed it out to the other. We both learned from it. So ya, I see her as my rival, nothing more, nothing less.

    I watch as she rubs her chin in thought. I really hope I managed to avoid that landmine. As she is about to say something the sound of a fight can be heard. I turn to see one of my favorite combat instructors from when I was a little kid is fighting Winter. I see Weiss is standing nearby and start to head over to her as I do I hear Ruby following behind me.

    Once we reach her she and Ruby start to talk but I don't pay them much mind until Ruby says one thing in particular.

Ruby: that's my uncle Qrow!

Weiss/Kahn: HE'S YOUR UNCLE!?!/ WAIT WHAT?!?

Ruby: KICK HER BUT UNCLE QROW!

    Now under normal circumstances I would chear for Qrow but I would prefer to see my rival win.

Kahn: WINTER DON'T LOSE TO HIM! IT WONT DO OUR FIGHT ANY GOOD IF YOU LET THAT OLD MAN KICK YOUR BUT!

    Ruby and Weiss turn to look at me surprised to see me chear for either of them. Weiss ' expression then changes to a happy smile while Ruby just pouts that I didn't chear with her. I notice that Winter and Qrow stop for the briefest of moments to look our way. Winter gives me a confident smile and a nod while Qrow just looks at me as if I had some how taken his flask and filled it with apple juice.... again. Winter goes back into the fight with more vigor than before and even more so when Weiss starts to cheer for her as well.  Just as the fight looks like it going to end with Winter winning private tin stick just had to show up and end it.

    I notice mom, Ozpin and that Jadescale shoe up. The Jadescale is now wearing a Vacuoin uniform top. I also just now notice that she has weirdly red eyes and a hair color that matches her scale color. As Ozpin diffuses the situation and gets the crowd to clear up the Jadescale approaches Qrow.

Qrow: Huh well this is odd normally you Jadescales don't leave the underground of Vacuo.

    He is just taking a swig from his flask when what she says makes him spit it out.

????: Well good to see that mother was right that you like to drink and pick fights. Ah where are my manners I am Qorvid. Your daughter. Nice to finally meet you dad.

    Well this situation just got awkward real quick.