Chapter 16: The hunt for the fang hideout

Kahn's pov

    I would be flying along side the bullhead but Ruby demanded me to ride the bullhead with them.  She used my own words against mean from when I started to stay in their team dorm. I tried to argue with her and doctor Obleck tried to help me with it but failed. I lost the argument when Ruby started to pout and give me puppy eyes at the same time. So, now here I am, dealing with motion sickness. The only good thing about this is that Ruby is leaning against me which let's me hear her heart beat, hearing it helps to soothe me.

    I start to nod off because just sitting and doing nothing while hearing her heart beat is becoming to much for me to deal with. I blink a few times before yawning and lean my head against her's. I guess it wouldn't hurt to sleep for a little while.....

Ruby's pov

    I hear Kahn start to snore making me smile in victory. I've done it! I beat Kahn in two ways now! I can win arguments against him and get him to fall asleep before me! Though I don't really know how I did it. I look at my team and see that Yang is giving me a thumbs up, Weiss just looks confused and Blake... she has a weird smile on her face not only that but her face is red. Then I notice pro- I mean doctor Obleck looking at me and Kahn, he has big smile on his face while he is writing something down.

    I look at Kahn and see that he has a comfortable smile on his face while asleep. I carefully wrap my arms around him trying not to wake him up. Just as I finish getting my arms around him I hear a click and see that Yang is holding her scroll probably to take a picture of us. I don't know why I'm not feeling really embarrassed by her doing that I just feel... well happy! Really, really happy! And proud of myself for doing this because I know that I'm winning the war against Velvet, although I do sort feel bad that she wasn't able to get to dance with Kahn qnd only I did.

    I feel the bullhead land. As soon as it does Kahn stand up and looks around alert. I can't help but giggle when I see he has some drool coming down the left side of his mouth. After a minute of looking around making sure everything is safe he finally notices that I'm hugging him. He looks at me for a brief moment before starting to blush and look away. Yes! Another point for me, Ruby the most adorable huntress extraordinaire!

Kahn's pov

    As I step off the bullhead I notice that my motion sickness is gone which is good. I carefully pry Ruby off of me and set her down on her feet. I cough into my hand quickly to get everyone's attention.

Kahn: I um uh right I'm going to do some advanced scouting I'll check in on all of you later.

    Before Ruby can start an argument that I have the feeling I won't win I start to run and begin to flap my wings. Once I've reached a good speed I jump and use my semblance to fire a strong bolt of lightning under my feet to boost me into the air while flapping my wing faster allowing me to fly. I just barely head Ruby shout out to me.

Ruby: HEY COME BACK HERE MISTER IM Not done wi-

    I'm real glad I managed to get out of there. Although I'm now getting this strange feeling of dread. I feel like I may have made a big mistake doing this. As I fly around I start to see a group of beowolves heading in their direction so I send a quick text to Ruby about where they are and how many of them there are.

    As they start to fight I use my magic instead of my semblance to fire lightning bolts since I'm up where no one will notice. I aim for any that are sneaking up on them. At one point I see Ruby cooking a turkey with her weapon... wait is that a DOG!?! How did she... where did she get that dog? But I'm superior to a dog in every way because as a dragon I have better hearing, eyesight and sense of smell. Wait why am I jealous over her having brought a dog? Is it the cuddles? It has to be the cuddles. You win this one you fluffy dog, but next time I shall be victorious!

    I notice a pack of grimm and see that the dog hasn't caught a single whif of the grimm. I smirk when I see that and send Ruby a text with the information about the grimm. Ha take that dog my capabilities to help with dealing grimm is far superior to yours!

A small time skip brought to you by Kahn marking down how many point he has on a chalkboard while Chibi Zwei just sits there confused

    The sun is starting to go down and watch as Ruby and doctor Obleck break off from the group so I follow after them. When I notice that it looks like one of doctor Obleck is going to give her one of his patented history lessons I just nod head to where the other three members of team Ruby is at. As I close in I slow my decent by spreading out my wings and using them like a parachute. Once I walk into the shelter of our camp for the night the others look at me with differing expressions I'm not given time to get a read on them before Yang comes up to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

Yang: You are in so much trouble with Ruby for what you did.

Kahn: I had a feeling. I mean why else would she magic up a dog out of nowhere? I'm better than any dog there is. I have better hearing, sight, smell, I can fight better, track better and I'm sure I can cuddle better than any dog can!

    The three of them are silent for a little bit but Yang broke the silence first by breaking out in a fit of laughter followed next by Weiss of all people. Only Blake seems to agree with me as I see her nodding.

Blake: He is right you know. Dragons are far superior to dogs in every way well except for the Whitescale that is.

Kahn: See someone here gets it!

Ruby: And what would that be Kahn~

    I feel a shiver run down my spine when she says that. How did I not hear her coming? What's worse is that Yang and Weiss are laughing even harder now with Blake now joining them! I feel humiliated. I just hang my head in shame, go to a corner, curl into a ball and start drawing on the wall by burning it with my semblance by firing a current of lightning bolts. The three of them laugh even harder now that I've started doing this.

    I hear someone approach me but I ignore who ever it is and what ever they say. I don't even bother to smell the air to see who it is. I just stop what I'm doing, close my eyes and force myself to try and sleep.

    I wake up to hearing a commotion. When I look up I see that it is nighttime. I look at the other and hear on word that sets of alarm bells in my head.

RUBY IS MISSING.