Chapter 8: The book's arrival and moving into a dorm

Kahn's pov

    I'm flying with next to the bullhead Ruby and Yang are in on the way back to beacon. Yang tried to convince me to ride the bullhead back to beacon with them saying "You two should sle- sit beside each other on here.  Besides you don't have to fly everywhere time your going somewhere right?" I chose to not talk as I'm still reeling from what happened. I'm about to grab a mid flight snack of bones from my side pouch when my scroll goes off. I look to see that it is Tucson giving me heads up that the book has arrived making me smile because this will help me figure out why Mr.Whiskers is growing scales. I send a message to Ruby and not Yang because I don't feel like putting up with her teasing, to let Ruby know that I'm making a detour into Vale to go pick up a book. After getting a response from her all I get is an OK. with that I break off from the bullhead and make way to where Tucson's book store is.

A small time skip brought to you by Kahn look at the picture of him and Ruby sleeping sleeping while sitting beside each other from Yang

Kahn's Pov

    I land in front of the store and I can immediately tell something is off. I enter and see Tucson on the floor. I rushed to him and see that he is bleeding out I see that he is still breathing albeit with great difficulty..... shit.

Kahn: Hang on Tucson I'm going to seal the wounds just keep your eyes open and focus on me.

    Upon hearing my voice he looks up and sees me.

Tucson: Kid.... that you?

    I nod and begin to channel lightning to my right finger tip.

Kahn: Brace your self this is going to hurt.

    As soon as I get a nod from him I bring my finger toward any and all open injuries and begin to seal them to stop the bleeding. He doesn't scream which surprises me. As I seal the last injury I can find I grab my scroll I call the VPD and let them know about 2hat I stumbled upon they tell me to stay here and make sure that Tucson stays awake as an ambulance is also on its way. I just let out a loud sigh and begin to take a quick look around. It's at this time that I've calmed down that I notice two distinct smells that aren't normal to the store. Oil, metal and mint? Why mint? While I'm thinking about it Tucson speaks up.

Tucson: Thanks....for the save.... kid.

Kahn: What there take it easy Tucson. You need to stay still besides I couldn't just let the owner of my favorite book store just die who else am going to go to that can actually get me quite literally and book under the sun eh?

    He just smiles as I quote his slogan. He then points to his front counter.

Tucson: The.... book is.... under the counter.

    I quick go get it before it could be taken for evidence. I know that I shouldn't tamper with the crime scene but I have been waiting for LITERAL months to figure out what is happening to my cat. It's at this point I realize that I should let my mom know that I'm going to be awhile before I get to beacon. I really hope I get to beacon in time for lunch.

A small time skip brought to you by chibi Kahn eating a whole antler in one bite

Kahn's Pov

    I've just finished getting what I need to move into team RWBY's dorm. I'm going to miss the quite of my room but hey atleast I can skip some of my classes and study and practice that magic in the dorm in some privacy. I'm in the first year's dorm area when I notice Jaune just leaving his dorm so I approach him.

Kahn: Hey young dragon it's been abit how are you?

    He looks up at me in both surprised and confusion. He notices me carrying two suit cases and a rucksack stuffed full of books that is hanging off one of my wings.