Chapter 4: While the first year's are away the others get to play

Kahn's Pov

    Since the first year students are on a field trip the rest of us surprising got the day off. So I took this is an opportunity to stay at home and catch up on some reading in my room. Thinking back on it I remember when I asked my mom why we live on a house on campus grounds and she told me. "So I'm always close by if you ever need me or if you get sick. Also so I don't have to spend as much time around so many hormonal teenagers." Still haven't gotten around to looking at what hormonal means yet but I'm sure I'll find out at some point. She doesn't always have time to come back home after work anyways considering all the paperwork she tends to have so her office at the school has a bed in it.

    I decide to grab that book I was starting to read in professor Port's class at the start of the year written by Nickoli Tesla about power sources that can be used besides dust. I sit at my desk and get some music playing on my scroll for while I read. One of our two cats comes into my room and hops onto my lap so I idly give the calico some good ole scritches as I make way through the book. This book has so many suggestions for alternative power sources like get the aid of those who have semblances that effect the weather or can control water to gather energy via lightning or even motion. It makes me wonder to what I extent I can push my storm magic to or even if I could use my semblance as a sort of conduit to power up things.

    Before I could get any further into the book though i notice something strange while giving Mr.Whiskers plenty of scritches. My finger ran over what felt like one of my scales which is odd. I put a book mark in the book as I pick up Mr.Whiskers to get a better look at him. I move some of his fur out of the way to see that he does have a scale on him.... several infact which just confuses me I'd phone my mother since she knows alot more about animals then me but she is currently on a trip to forever falls with the first years. I take a moment to way my options I could go ask Ozpin but then I would probably owe him a favor and the last time I owed him a favor he had me cause a power outage at the school so he could avoid a meeting with the vale council about some of the school's budget by making a massive thunderstorm. So he is out of the equation. That just leaves me with one other option.... to Tucson's!

    I put on my combat gear because it's honestly the most comfortable set of clothes I have by a long shot.(see image at the top for it once again big thanks to AppleSmallGreen for doing it please check their work here on wattpad where you can see more of their artwork in their own stories) I start to go everything I have on me to make sure I have what I need before I head out to vale. Lien check, bag check, scroll, check, goggles..... ah there they are left them on my bookcase. I put them on adjust them so they sit right and head out of the house lock the door with my scroll and heade over to the bullheads. While I don't need to use them I just like doing my pre flight exercises by them, that and I like to show that I don't need to pay for a flight back and forth to vale.

Mini time skip brought to you by chibi Kahn, Ren and Blake silently reading in the library together on to be startled by a chibi Nora running through covered in pancakes and maple syrup

    I land by the Tucson's bookstore and take off my goggles let them hang around my neck. As I enter I zee Tucson and give him a nod and he gives me one back. I take a quick look before getting to the meat of the matter to see if there are any new books of interest to me not really seeing any I go up to the counter and ask Tucson. "Odd question but do you have anything on pets suddenly growing scales when they should only have fur?" He just stares at me for a bit before responding with. "While that is odd that wouldn't be the weirdest thing someone has asked for today. Though I know for a fact that I don't why do you want a book on it?" I take a second before responding. "I noticed that one of my cats at home has grown scales like mine." He looks at me oddly for a moment before asking. "Wait are you a full blood?" I look at him confusedly for a moment before responding with. "No I'm not a dragon faunus yes am a full blood why?" He begins to nod to himself before and tells me. "Well I can get you a book on it but it will take awhile to get here because I'm going to have to get it from Menagerie but for the short and simple awnser is that your cat at some point has ingested some of your blood." I just stare blankly at him for a bit because I have just been given so many more questions then awnsers so I decide to just ask him. "OK how much to order the book." He gives me an immediate reply. "200 lien for the book an extra 50 for the shipping expenses." I'm glad I rarely spend my lien and also don't have to pay for the flight here and back to beacon otherwise this could've hurt my savings. I pay him the lien and start to head out before I hear him say. "Come back in about three to four weeks and I should have it for you by then." I give him a nod and exit his store. Allright time to get some groceries because I have the odd feeling that she is not going to have the time to today.

Tucson's pov

    As I watch Kahn head out I can't help but let out a sigh and feel guilty. Now that I know he is infact a full blood I'm going to have to let certain people know. Wether he knows it or not Menagerie needs him there. I begin to write a letter to Sienna. Though I've left the white fang I still have a few ties to it and some people owe me some favors I owe HER for a favor and the one she asked for was to see if I might find a full blood Copperscale. As I close up the envelope with the letter in it I grab out a special stamp imbued with one of her trusted aid's semblance. Once the stamp is applied the letter will be teleported to them and then the aid will take it to her. I hesitate putting the stamp on it for a minute before putting it on and watch as the envelope dissappears in a small  cloud of smoke before letting out a long sigh and saying. "I'm real sorry kid but atleast I can still get you the book before I high tail it out of vale.

Kahn's pov

    I manage to get home with a bunch of groceries and see that my mom is in the kitchen getting a start on dinner I hadn't even realized I'd been out for that long. I begin  to put away the stuff I bought when I hear her say. "I knew I forgot to do something after the field trip thank you for going out to get the groceries at least that's one last thing to raise my blood pressure." I respond with. "No problem I had a feeling you might have a less then great day so I figured I'd get them. By the way Mr.Whiskers I starting to grow dragon scales." She is quite for a while before finally saying. "I need more wine."