Chapter 27: No safe Haven

Kahn's pov

    I was expecting to get to relax when I made it to the city of Mistral. But now, instead of relaxing, I've lost my travel backpack, maps, and compass. I was just nearing the city when some nut case just came out of the ground. I didn't even notice him being there he was that quiet. I'm glad that I kept my new weapons with me along with my satchel, but still here I am being chased nonstop by this guy. He is just laughing maniacally while saying that his goddess will be very happy with him if he catches me.

    I instinctively dodge to my right as a scorpion tail just narrowly misses me. If I so much as get nicked by that, I'm likely dead due to how shitty my immune system is. The only reason I'm not fighting him is because I just have this distinct feeling that no matter what I could try against him, I will lose. I start to charge up a strong lightning bolt in my hand. As soon as it gets to a good point, I turn around quickly and swing my hand at him, using the lightning bolt like a whip. I watch as the continuous stream of lightning bends and curves as I'm using it like this, I have always wanted to see if I could do something like this but I never thought I would be testing it out in this kind of situation. Looks like he wasn't expecting me to do that as he just barely fails to dodge it, clipping his leg. Huh, I must have used magic to do that as his left leg won't move now. I take this opportunity, turn back around, and start sprinting away again.

    I make it out of the woods I had been running through to find myself in a clearing. I don't stop running as I get halfway through the clearing. I can hear him starting to catch up. As I'm running, I notice that I'm nearing the ledge. I come to a halt and see that I'm at the edge of the cliff. It's a long drop, but I have an idea. I turn around and look at the psychopath chasing me, flip him off, and jump off.

    I pull out my daggers and fire a small bolt behind me to send me into the side of the cliff. I stab both my claws and daggers into the cliff face to slow my decent. I can feel the strain on my muscles from how quick I'm still going down. I hear a shout and look up only to see that the psychopath decided to jump down after me. I just stare blankly at him for doing that. I charge up a large lightning bolt in my mouth and take aim at him, I mean, if he wants to offer himself up as a free target, who am I not to take a shot at him. As soon as he gets close enough for it to be impossible to dodge, I unleash the blast I had charged up at him. As I continuously fire at him, he gets caught in it, I direct him while he is caught a good distance away from me and stop firing lightning at him. As soon as he starts to fall, I let out a deep sigh of relief. I feel my descent come to a stop and start the slow climb back up. As much as I want to check if he died from the fall, I really don't want to risk the chance that he lived to come back at me again.

    As I make it back over the cliff face and back onto ground that I can stand on, I take a look at where I am. I have no idea where I am. I look up to see that the sun is getting close to setting. We'll shit I've been running for close to five hours. I am so glad that I had done so much endurance training. otherwise, I probably would be a dead man.

    As I'm about to take a break and sit down I hear the roar of grimm. I see a group of beringals coming out of the forest and straight towards me. Well this is a good opportunity to start training with my new daggers.

A small timeskip brought to you by chibi Kahn failing at times to hit chibi beringals with his new weapons and in turn getting punched by some of them

Kahn's pov

    I see one last beringal remaining out of the group that attacked me. The exhaustion from all the running, climbing and now fighting that I've had to do today is now catching up to me. I am getting real tired of trying to fight with my new weapons and I have an idea to end this fight real quick. I sheath my daggers and get into a defensive position. I watch as the beringal charges at me and throws a punch I catch its fist. I then send a wave of my magic through its body, as soon as I feel that it is entirely covered I finally use that magic I had discovered that could remove all the negativity from the grimm. I activate the spell and watch as the all the flesh stops off its body. All that remains are its bones as the dark pool of beringal goo evaporates. I left with a fully intact beringal skeleton that just remains in the position it was in when I caught its fist.

    I let go of it and slowly step back. This.... wasn't at all what I thought would happen. I genuinely thought that the grimm would turn good? I guess? Or at the very least become a regular old gorilla. I can't help but feel disappointed at this result. I know that both professor Port and Dr.Obleck would pay a small fortune to be able to see this, not only that but professor Port would probably pay me to even get him a full collection of grimm skeletons, including alphas and all the variants that live in the different parts of Remnant.

    I hear a twig snap, and I spin around to see several white fang members come out of the forest. I do some stretches in preparation for another fight. I may he tired and sore but I am not letting the information on where the white fang headquarters is here. I watch as they approach me and I get into a fighting stance. The majority of them flinch and step back. I'm about to charge them when a familiar smell hits me and I look to see the same bat faunus that had delivered me that letter from their high leader steps infront of the group.

????: The high leader would like to see you.

Kahn: What?

    Well this certainly was unexpected but hey at least it will speed things up for me. Time to get the awnsers that I want and once I have them. I shall decide their fate for what they did to my home.