Chapter 10: Draconic transference

Kahn's pov

    We are going to investigate the white fang later today. Classes have started for the day, so I figured now would be the time to read that book I had ordered. I reach into my rucksack filled with the book , get to the bottom of it, and pull out the book. It's old, missing some pages and parts of the cover are missing. When I look inside, the first thing I check for is when it was written and from what it says.... this book is a little of three hundred years old. The table of contents is missing, which is annoying.

    I start to look through it and find a chapter going over what a dragon faunus is. As it turns out the first dragon faunus were actually humans that had proven themselves to whichever dragon they went to get a boon of strength. Just like actual faunus what traits they get are random and some traits are more common than others such as scales, horns, claws, eyes, or even a tail. There are two rare traits that could be gained either wings or to be able to do the breath attack of whatever dragon they proved themselves to. A unique byproduct of this is that the human's life span would be tripled from this.

    There are a few cases we're a dragon would even give this to an enemy that they were fighting that had impressed them in some way so that they would come back and fight them again. The most common case of that would be those that would go to hunt the red scale dragon as at the time it would seem that he and his children actively raided the kingdoms for loot, food, slaves or simply for the thrill of it. This still doesn't awnser what is happening to my cat but this does tell me that if I find someone I can trust enough I could grant them some strength.

    While looking through I find a single page about how normal faunus can also gain this gift which would let them keep their current faunus trait and than gain a dragon trait making them a hybrid. I only get to see one given example since the majority of this section is torn out. It was a komodo dragon faunus that had the deadly toxic tongue  that than gained the breath attack of the gold scale. The breath than ended up changing  and made a toxic flaming breath attack leaving infected wounds or if any of the smoke from it was inhaled would straight up ruin said person's lungs.

    Ah here we go how to perform dragon transference. It can happen via intaking blood, aura or... and the rest of that part is missing. There is only one more part and this one is only about half of a page. Now this is intriguing. This mentions that this book was written when a Schnee from was somehow turned into a full-blooded dragon but not only that but a dragon never before seen on Remnant. A white scale dragon that had their semblance enhanced because of this. They could breathe out a breath attack so could that it freeze someone instantly. Their semblance could summon close to a hundred grimm at once that could fight and think independently. I can only assume that they became a unique dragon because the Schnee semblance is hereditary but there also has to be more to it than that. Like the missing part of the dragon transference must have something to do with it. But since Tucson is in the hospital on life support being protected by both police and huntsman I can't just go ask him about it. Which leaves me with one conclusion. At some point I'll have to go to where he got this book from. Menagerie. I let out a long exhale through my nose and hear the crackle of miniature thunder from the storm cloud that came out my nose. When am I even going to get the chance to go to Menagerie? After this year I still have one more year to go through and then I've got to focus and do several years of courses to get that doctorate in history that I want while preforming my job as a huntsman at the same time.

    I look at the clock to find out that I've been reading and thinking about this for longer than I thought because I missed lunch. Not only that but the girls are going to be getting back here so we can head out to investigate the white fang. It's also at this point I hear noises coming from outside so I go to the window. To my surprise I see sun in the tree. I open the window and wave for him to come in.

Sun: Ah thanks man saved me from having to eavesdrop to find out what they are planning. Also mind helping my friend in?

    I look down and see a blue haired guy and just grab him by the head with one hand and lift him up and into the room.

Kahn: Well since that was what you were going to do might as well tell you so you're caught up. The more help we have, the better. By the way who is the scrawny blue go I'm holding?

Scrawny blue: HEY! I'm not scrawny I'm lithe. By the my name is Neptune. Man Sun you weren't joking when you said he was strong.

Sun: Told ya. I mean when have I ever led you and the team astray?

Neptune: No comment.

Sun: Rude dude just rude.

    It's at this point the girls get here. Confused at the fact that Sun and Neptune are here.

Kahn: I've recruited help and already told them the plan.

    They just stay silent for awhile but than Ruby speaks up.

Ruby: You weren't supposed to tell anyone plus we don't need more help I mean we have you with us and your like worth a whole team of people.

    I feel prideful at hearing her say that.

Kahn: Thank you and beside you never said I couldn't.

Neptune: Could you put me down now? Please?