9- Nap

Few days have passed since then...

It was well past midnight, and the hospital corridors were quiet and dimly lit. Rin had been working tirelessly during her night shift, attending to patients and reviewing medical reports. The lack of sleep was beginning to take its toll, and Rin decided it was time for a much-needed break. She made her way to the hospital lounge, for a little change of environment from her office and also hoping to find a moment of respite.

As she entered the lounge, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air. Rin's tired eyes lit up at the sight of the vending machine. She inserted a few coins and eagerly pressed the button, waiting for her much-desired caffeine boost. With the can in hand, she leaned against the coffee machine, taking a moment to savor the warmth of the drink.

As she took a sip, her phone buzzed in her pocket.

'Who could text me at this time...?' she thought to herself as she looked at the phone.

It was a text from Gojo, and rolled her eyes playfully to herself.

'You home yet??' he texted her.

'No....I don't think I'll be able to go home at all tonight....' she responded.

Rin and Gojo texted back and forth for a while, and Rin quickly found herself on one of the couches in the lounge, chuckling to herself from his banter.

Just as she leaned back and put her phone down, another text arrived from Gojo.

'hey hey, don't push yourself so hard. Take it easy!!'

Rin smiled at the concern in his words but didn't respond immediately, focusing on finishing her coffee. She then went back to her office and continued her work for a while, but the drowsiness began to overwhelm her, making it difficult to concentrate.

Hours passed and it was now past 3 am when Rin decided it was time for a short break again, since her eyes seemed heavier.

Even though she wanted to nap for a while, she thought against it.

She left her office and took a leisurely walk down the silent hospital corridors, the sound of her footsteps echoing softly.

As she passed by the lounge, she couldn't help but notice a figure sitting there. To her surprise, it was Gojo, wearing his signature sunglassed and his silver white hair illuminated by the soft lighting from the softly lit corridor.

Curiosity piqued, Rin approached him, a tired but genuine smile on her face. "Satoru, what are you doing here at this hour? You should be back home, sleeping... for the love of God!!"

Gojo's eyes twinkled mischievously as he patted the seat beside him. "Just enjoying a peaceful moment in the lounge. Care to join me?"

Rin hesitated for a moment, unsure if she should accept his invitation since she would lose track of time if she was with him.

"Oh come on, Satoru.. i will never be able to finish work if I'm with you. You always got an excuse to distract me." She said jokingly.

He knew she had always valued her independence and rarely relied on others for support, and he knew this was a habit of hers since childhood.

"Oh come on, don't be shy." He grinned playfully but then smiled genuinely.

"Rin," he pats the spot beside him again. "Come.... let me take care of you, even if it's for a while." He then softened his gaze while smiling. "Come on... Pretty please?"

With a nod, Rin settled herself on the couch next to Gojo, grateful for the chance to rest.

"Since you insist, I'll take your offer. You know I'm someone who don't make anyone wait." She leaned against the back rest and closed her eyes, her voice carrying a hint of playfulness as she spoke.