35 - Fight (part 2)

Rin exhaled and looked away, stirring the straw in her drink as he expression turned serious.

"Rin, why don't you want to open up to me..?" He taps his finger on the table as he rested his chin on his other hand, his voice soft and genuine.

Rin glanced up, her eyes guarded but still holding a glimmer of vulnerability. "Talk? What's there to talk about, Satoru?" She looked away and mumbled.

Gojo scoots closer to her, his expression serious. "I want to understand what's going on, Rin. I don't like seeing you upset, and I don't want our relationship- I mean marriage to be strained like this."

Rin hesitated, then sighed, "You wouldn't get it, Satoru. It's complicated."

Gojo, deciding to be honest, admitted, "Well, yeah, maybe it is complicated...but...I just want you to know I wanna talk this through, after all, I'm your husband..."

Rin's eyes widened, a mix of surprise and apprehension flickering across her face. "What are you-"

He gently placed his hand on top of hers, softly rubbing circles with his thumb on the back of her hand.

"Rin, please....please, don't push me away." He gently squeezed her hand.

Rin looked at him, her guard slowly crumbling.

"Satoru, I...I don't know how to say it..I-" She looks away and frowned sadly.

' You're not my type anyway. ' Rin can't help but remember his words in the past.

Gojo's expression softened. "Rin, I care about you, and I want to find a way to navigate through this together. Let's be honest with each other, okay?"

He gently caressed her cheek with his other hand as the other hand remained holding her hand, he didn't seem to care that the people were around, but Rin was flustered.

"S-Satoru, there are people around.." She mumbled.

"And so? I'm with my wife, is that a problem?" He chuckled softly as he tried to elevate her mood.

Rin sighed as she looks down at her hands.

"Satoru, remember...years ago...you told me that, you liked someone with...black hair... and someone who was strong..?"

He raised his eyebrow as he looked at her. "What about it?"

She took a deep breath to compose herself.

"I think I know who you were talking about. It's Utahime-senpai, isn't it..?" She asked as she looked down, her voice tinted with sadness.

Her wrong guess almost made Gojo guffaw in laughter, but he held it silently while covering his mouth with his hand, trying to hold back since he noticed how serious she seemed, and that she hadn't noticed that he was about to laugh yet.

He cleared his throat after gaining composure and looks at her.

"What makes you think that..?" He asked, a little curious and amused, wanting to know what she would say.

Rin looks at him before looking away.

"Well..." She trailed off, not able to find any concrete reasons apart from him being to friendly with her.

"Y-you annoy her every time you see her..." She mumbled nervously.

"Hm?" His gaze softened as he wore an amused grin on his face. "And what makes you think I'm not like that with anyone else, Rin-sama..?" He scoots even closer and teased.

She sighed and looked at her drink.

"It's just... I've been feeling confused lately, and I didn't want to ruin what we have. But I couldn't keep pretending everything was okay." She looked at him. "I know our marriage started from an arrangement, and you... probably do not even like m- i mean.." She took a deep breath. "You, like someone else, don't you..?"