18 - Concern

Shoko and Gojo were both currently in Shoko's office in Jujutsu High, with Shoko sitting on her chair while Gojo leaned against the desk with his arms crossed.

They both were silent momentarily, and the atmosphere around them seemed tense.

Gojo, who is usually playful and carefree, also wore a serious and concerned look on his face, something that was very rare to see.

"I don't understand.." Shoko sighed and stood up. "How could anyone possibly know that Rin is back? Also, neither of us actually had a slip up on her real identity as well..." She said as she looks at him, and he stared at the floor as if in some deep thoughts.

"For some reason, I have a feeling that the higher ups have something to do with it too. I don't know, but I feel like they got some information about her from somewhere." He muttered and he raised his head with a sigh.

"You're right..." She shook her head and rubbed her forehead. "There's no way the higher-ups have not know about something like this.. it hasn't even been a whole month since she returned... and she has already been noticed by someone??"

"My only concern is about Rin's safety.." He rubbed his hands slightly to warm his cold and anxious palms. "I don't think, that this time, they are going to stay quiet and ban her again."

Shoko widened her eyes upon realization and looked at him.

"You mean...."

Gojo gave a subtle but serious nod.

"I'm sure that this time, they'll make sure they finish her off completely." He clenched his fists and frowned in annoyance. "Those higher-ups....if I could only just kill them all...."

Shoko looked at him with an empathetic expression before walking towards him.

"I know what you're thinking, Shoko." He told, making her stop in her tracks. "You might be thinking that I maybe getting carried away." He looks at her sternly. "But you know me, I'd do anything to make sure no harm comes her way..." He looks away with a small huff. "I endured ten years without the person I was close to, and I won't let that happen again."

Shoko smiled. "Actually, I was just going to tell you that I'm here with you." She placed her hand on his shoulder. "Even though Rin is as strong as she is without her curse energy, unfortunately in the jujutsu world, you do need to have your curse energy and techniques if you want to survive." She smiled softly as Gojo silently looks at her.

"If anything were to happen with her, I wouldn't forgive myself either. After all, you're not the only one who's her friend." She smiled while he returned the smile with a nod.

"But, do you think it's a good idea to let her know about it?" Shoko sighed and looked away after taking her hand away from his shoulder.

"I don't think so." He sighed. "She was already panicking when we talked her into joining back as a mentor in Jujutsu high...."

' Also, I'm sure deep down, she knows that somehow she will be targeted once people gets to know who she is, and she might end up going into hiding again just to protect us from harm. That's how she is...that's how she has always been...' He thought.

"Actually, I was thinking to talk to Dr. Nakamura first before anything. As her father and one of the Kobayashi, I'm sure he will come up with something.." He suggested.

"That's right, Dr. Nakamura, I never thought of it.." She looks at him. "You'll be giving him a call?"

"I was thinking to go over to talk to him myself..." He stood straight and interlocked his fingers before stretching them to crack them. "I'll be leaving now then.."