37 - Helplessness

"What?!" Gojo stands up and slams his hand on the table as he stood across Yaga, the current headmaster of the Jujutsu High and Gojo's teacher at the time when he was a student.

"You've got to be joking...Why would Rin be sent to Ikebukuro?? And that too for a mission, all by herself??" Gojo protested, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"I know how you feel but this is the mission given for her." Yaga sighed as he leaned forward from his chair, interlacing his fingers together. "And don't worry. Nothing wrong will happen. I was told that it is a small mission of patrol and regular inspection to make sure that the low grade cursed spirits are wiped out. It is something that even a low grade sorcerer can take care off."

"Then send one of the low grade sorcerers, or even my own students for that!! I know that they can handle it!!" Gojo raised his voice frustratingly, stretching his right arm out to emphasis his reasons. "But not her, not Rin.."

Yaga looks at him sternly before sighing.

"I have already asked Rin earlier and had a talk about this with her, so why are you against it if she is fine with it?"

Gojo grits his teeth as he looked at Yaga and clenched his fists.

"S-sensei..."

"You and I, both of us know what she is capable of." Yaga said assuringly. "Even without her curse energy, she is still physically strong. You already know she haven't lost her touch."

"That's the main reason I don't want he to go!!" Gojo grips the edge of the desk and frowns slightly. "I can tell this is a foul play. There is definitely something fishy-"

"There is nothing fishy about this, Satoru. It's just a regular that each of us have been doing one after the other."

"But it is possible that someone tricked us into believe otherwise when they actually plan to wipe her out!!" Gojo raised his voice even more, his tone turning desperate.

"You're the one who brought her back into this!" Yaga cut him off harshly, shutting him up as Gojo stopped talking.

Yaga took a deep breath to calm down. "You're the one who brought her back to the world of sorcery, by making her a mentor here."

Gojo looked away on the floor before putting his hands in his pockets.

Yaga studied his expression and body language for a while before sighing.

"If it bothers you quite a lot, you can send one of your students with her." He smiled, making Gojo look at him in surprise.

"Really..? i can really do that?" He asked with a straight face.

"You can." He smiled, crossing his arm and giving a stern nod.

Gojo smiled before standing casually, with a hand on his hip and leaning on his side, pushing his weight on one of his leg. "I see." He chuckled. "That's...reassuring. I will go and tell Maki to accompany her."

As Gojo opened the door to leave, he was stopped when Yaga called out to him.

"Satoru."

Gojo turned to look at him.

"Don't give Rin a hard time." He joked with a grin, making Gojo laugh out cockily.

"Please, if the award for the 'best husband in the world' exists, I'm sure I would have that!" He said confidently before waving at him and leaving his room and closing the door, leaving Yaga in his office by himself.

~~~

"You want me to go with Nakamura-san?" Maki raised her eyebrow as she sat at a desk in an empty classroom, with only her and Gojo in the classroom.