44- Heartfelt

Gojo finds Geto leaning against a wall in an alleyway, finding him heavily injured.

Geto scoffed lightly and looked away.

"Late again as usual, Satoru."

Gojo looked at him silently before sighing.

"The ones in Kyoto...are they under your command?"

Geto kept smiling as he slowly slid down the wall.

"Yeah, they were. And nothing can change my mind about what I think, Satoru. I will always hate those monkeys. Blame them for the way I have become."

Gojo kept quiet as he continued to listen to him in silence.

"But I also don't hold a grudge against anyone in jujutsu high, despite what I look like right now.."

Geto then tossed an ID card at him. "Return this for me, will you?"

Gojo grabs it to see it was Yuta's ID.

"I might..." He winced a little as he pressed on his wound a little harder. "Come back next time to catch that cursed spirit of Yuta..." He exhaled. 

Gojo squats down to his eye level before looking at him.

"You have any last words, Suguru?"

Geto looks at him before and scoffed lightly. 

"Last words..? I've got nothing like that. Go ahead and finish me if you want..." He shook his head. "And please tell Rin-chan, for what's worth, that I'm sorry."

Gojo kept looking at him, not reacting to his words.

"Rin is dead, Suguru..." Gojo sighed. "The higher ups have killed her."

Geto looked at him, confused, before scoffing and looking away. He knew what he saw, but it doesn't look like Gojo knows it yet.

"Well, that's...too bad..." He said with a hidden amusement in his tone.

~~~

Yuta and the others were currently in the infirmary, being looked after by Shoko, who was currently talking to them casually.

"Yo!! People!" Gojo walked with a grin as he looked at his students and Shoko.

"Eh? Who are you?" Maki frowned and asked. looking at Gojo who doesn't have his usual blind covering his eyes.

"Huh??? It's me! Your good looking, handsome teacher, Gojo Satoru!"

The kids ignored him before talking amongst each other.

"That's rude!!" Gojo whined playfully, while Shoko smiled and walked towards him.

"You're doing alright?" She asked.

He sighed at her and smiled.

"I just lost two people that were close to me.." He muttered in a low tone, in a way that only Shoko could hear him. 

He then glanced behind her at a hospital bed where he remember placing Rin's body before he left to fight, but now finds that bed empty.

"Shoko...where...where is..." He kept looking at the bed. Did someone manage to take her body after she died?

He clenched his fists and frowned.

"She's not in peace even after her death..? Those bastards..."

Shoko crossed her arms and looked at him with a knowing smile, while trying so hard to hide the smile that threatened to show up on her face.

He then spots Yuta, and chuckled before tossing him his ID.

"Where did you find this?" Yuta asked.

"It's given to me, by my best friend." Gojo smiled.