14 - Late night

After they were done with the dinner, Rin stands up and goes over to wash the dishes but Gojo intervened.

"Allow me." He smiled.

Rin blinks. "huh?"

"I'm sayin'.." He looks at her with a smile. "Let me do the dishes for you."

Rin raised her eyebrows and crosses her arm as she looks at him.

"You know you're in my home, right..?" She asked, a little confused.

He already turned the faucet on and was already washing the dishes.

"Mhm, and..? What about it?" He says nonchalantly as his eyes were fixed on the plates he was washing.

"And, it's YOU who's the guest in MY house..." She muttered.

He stops moving his hands, smiling at her warmly.

"I'm the one who offered to do them." He then turned his torso to face her. "Besides, it's not everyday I get to be in my childhood friend's home.."

Rin smiled at him as he went back to washing the dishes.

"You're truly a unique one, you know that?" She grinned as she teased.

"Hm?" He smirked as he turns the faucet off now, putting the the plates and cutleries on the rack to dry.

She smiled with a sigh.

"Thank you for coming over, Satoru." She looks at him. "You truly did make my day a little bit better."

She then glances at the clock to see it was now 10:15 PM, while Gojo followed her gaze to notice the time too.

"It's pretty late, huh?" She muttered. "You need to return home t-"

"What'cha sayin'?" He grinned, talking in a playful tune

"What'cha sayin'?" He grinned, talking in a playful tune. "The night's just gettin' started!" He says playfully before holding her wrist and pulling her out of the kitchen, making her sit on the couch. "After all, it's the weekend tomorrow. We can stay awake a little longer, right..?" He grinned as he plopped on the spot beside her on the couch.

She looks at him.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

He looks at her and smiled.

"Is it a hassle for you to have me over for a little longer?" he spoke softly.

She blushed in embarrassment and looked away.

"Actually, it feels a little weird, don't it?" She mumbled.

Gojo looks at her and hummed. "Hm? Why is that? We used to do this all the time back then."

"It was different back then.." She looks at him. "We're both adults now.." She blushed harder. "Don't you understand..?"

Gojo blinks before laughing, looking at her as she looked away in embarassment.