32 - Affair

It was a pleasant evening, the sky painted with a soft pinkish and orange hue.

The soft hum in Shoko's office air conditioner provided a backdrop to the otherwise hushed atmosphere, and the constant typing on Shoko's computer providing a subtle accent to the background sounds.

Rin sat comfortably in a plush chair that was place against the wall, nursing a cup of coffee in her hands. The aroma of freshly brewed beans filled the room as she stared out of the window with a smile, taking small sips of her coffee.Shoko, busy with paperwork at her desk, couldn't help but notice the dreamy expression on Rin's face as she stared out of the window. A mischievous glint sparkled in Shoko's eyes as she set aside her work for a while and turned her attention to her friend.

"Rin, you've been...unusually quiet today. Everything alright?" Shoko inquired, her curiosity evident in the arched eyebrow, unable to hide a small grin.

Rin looked up at Shoko with a small smile. "What..? No!" She waved her hand dismissively. "Nothing, nothing." She tries to play it cool.

Shoko leaned back in her chair, studying Rin with a knowing smile. "You can't fool me, Rin. Something's up. Spill." She smirked and crossed her arm. "You're not playing dumb with me, you know."

Rin sighed, taking a sip of her coffee, hoping to compose herself. "It's just... you know, the whole marriage thing. It's still taking some getting used to, I guess."

"Hm?" She raised her eyebrow in amusement. "Kinda looks like you got used to it though."

"W-well, you can tell I'm getting there." She blushed as she looked away from her and averted her gaze to the sunset view out of the window as she sipped her coffee again.

Shoko's eyes lit up with intrigue. "Let me get straight to the point here." She grinned mischievously. "How's it going with Gojo?"

Rin, caught off guard, coughed on her coffee, desperately trying to hide the blush that crept up her cheeks. "S-Satoru? Oh, it's... it's going." She mumbled as she tried to avoid Shoko's gaze.

Shoko's curiosity was piqued even further. She leaned on her desk, a playful grin on her face. "Come on, Rin. Give me the juicy details. How's married life treating you?"

Rin's eyes widened, her blush deepening. "Juicy details? There are no 'juicy details.' It's not like that."

Shoko chuckled, enjoying Rin's flustered state. "Oh, come on. You can't tell me you haven't had any intimate moments. It's been a month, Rin."

Rin's defensive walls shot up. "What? No! We're just... it's not like that between us. We're childhood friends, like always."

Shoko's amusement only grew. She leaned in, her eyes gleaming with mischief. "Are you sure? Because it sounds like you're hiding something."

Rin sighed, her shoulders slumping. "W-well, it's complicated. I don't even know how to feel about all this."

Shoko's expression softened as she straightened up in her chair. 

"Alright, talk to me. How are you feeling, really? And don't give me the 'we're just friends' line. You already know I know better. The look you have on your face is not the 'friends' only look."

Rin fidgeted, playing with a strand of her hair. "It's just... different. Being around him, I feel things I haven't before. But I don't know what it means, I-It's confusing."

Shoko's eyes softened with understanding. "Different in what way? Like, give me something to work with here."

'Rin, You and Gojo really got issues with admitting you're in love, huh?' Shoko though to herself as she held a laughter, remembering how she made Gojo admit his feelings like it was yesterday.